• Our featured affiliate vendor of the week is Larimars Luxury Menswear Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, specializes in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

    Please check them out and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

**** in American Prisons. A report by Human Rights Watch

vanity

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
734
Reaction score
2
Coming from someone who has 3 DUIs and could've killed plenty of people with his own stupidity, this is a pretty pathetic article. I can't say that I care that he's raped. He obviously has a problem adhering to the law, making the same mistake over and over, problems with alcohol, and no regard for endangering others.

So he can cry himself to sleep in between rapes. This is what happens when the stupid surivive.
 

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
2,473
Reaction score
10
Originally Posted by vanity
Coming from someone who has 3 DUIs and could've killed plenty of people with his own stupidity, this is a pretty pathetic article. I can't say that I care that he's raped. He obviously has a problem adhering to the law, making the same mistake over and over, problems with alcohol, and no regard for endangering others. So he can cry himself to sleep in between rapes. This is what happens when the stupid surivive.
Just wanted to preserve this post in case you happen to get a moment of clarity and edit it at some later date.
 

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Aug 26, 2004
Messages
13,040
Reaction score
14
Originally Posted by Quirk
Just wanted to preserve this post in case you happen to get a moment of clarity and edit it at some later date.

I actually agree with a lot of what vanity is saying here. Maybe its sorta like the taser situation, where you can't feel very sorry for the person but it seems likely there's a problem. Would have been a lot more compelling from someone who was in prison on a technicality like that football player who was caught on video with the girl 2 years younger than him (although he's probably big enough to take care of himself)
 

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
2,180
Reaction score
0
I disagree with drizz and Vanity on this one. The guy is obviously a douchebag for 3 (THREE!) DUIs... but he's been found guilty and he's been sentenced. He's serving his time. Does he really deserve to be raped, and humiliated on top of what the law deems to be appropriate time for his crime? Does he deserve to be infected with AIDS and die an early death because of his past mistakes? I think it's sick what goes on in some prisons, but I'm sure many guards turn a blind eye, or the situation is just too out of control to prevent in the first place.

Whatever... I don't know enough about the situation, nor do I know much about prison life, but I find it disgusting, and I don't agree that because he commited a crime he should be forced to deal with prison ****, and all the risks that go along with it.
 

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
2,473
Reaction score
10
Originally Posted by vanity
I appreciate that.
Ah, my bad. My bias led me to misread the beginning of your post as a confession of your own near-misses. Apologies.
 

vanity

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
734
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by Quirk
Ah, my bad. My bias led me to misread the beginning of your post as a confession of your own near-misses. Apologies.

It does read weird and I tried a few times to rewrite it but to no avail.
 

vanity

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
734
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
I disagree with drizz and Vanity on this one. The guy is obviously a douchebag for 3 (THREE!) DUIs... but he's been found guilty and he's been sentenced. He's serving his time. Does he really deserve to be raped, and humiliated on top of what the law deems to be appropriate time for his crime? Does he deserve to be infected with AIDS and die an early death because of his past mistakes? I think it's sick what goes on in some prisons, but I'm sure many guards turn a blind eye, or the situation is just too out of control to prevent in the first place.

Whatever... I don't know enough about the situation, nor do I know much about prison life, but I find it disgusting, and I don't agree that because he commited a crime he should be forced to deal with prison ****, and all the risks that go along with it.


The thought of prison doesn't scare me...but I swear to God the fear of **** and being beaten daily sure does. That's a huge deterrent for me. I would kill myself before going to prison b/c everyone KNOWS that's what's going to happen. This isn't new news.
 

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
26,945
Reaction score
16,955
Originally Posted by vanity
I appreciate that.
laugh.gif
 

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
8,135
Reaction score
3,442
You guys are barbarians. Any one of us could end up in prison for any number of reasons. You can end up in jail over a barfight that you didn't start to give one example. But whatever - even if you're in jail for **** of child molesting you don't deserve gratuitous torture tacked onto your sentence. There a lot of innocent people in jail too, and presumed innocent awaiting trial. There's no reason for our prison system to be so backwards. This is the same kind of logic that leads to widespread indifference that Jose Padilla is tortured into insanity for three years and is no longer fit to stand trial.
 

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
12,163
Reaction score
1,440
I dont lose sleep for prisoners. If it was my family of course it'd be different. BUt alot of people in prison deserve to be there and they deserve to deal with the realities of it on their own. However, I wouldnt mind some of my tax payer money being put into improving prisons and ex-con survival (ability to adapt/cope/survive outside prison).
 

kwiteaboy

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
565
Reaction score
1
I believe in imprisonment for rehabilitation rather than for revenge, so I don't think **** belongs in prison.
 

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
18,360
Reaction score
15
Jail and prison are different. I've been to plenty of jails, but never prison. I guess "prison" is where **** happens, because I never saw it, heard about it, or had it happen to me. I did catch someone fap fap fapping under his blanket while I was on hall mopping duty once. But that was like one time in a total of approximately lets see... a month and a half in Seattle city/Kent RJC, three and a half months in Albuquerque Juvenile detention (where the uh... self-pleasuring was accidentally witnessed), and a year and eight months in a lockdown semi-co-ed "hospital". Now, plenty of consentual hetero-sex was happening in that last place, when it could be arranged, but no ****. And I got in a fight in the showers there once, where I had to permanently disfigure a gentleman, but he wasn't trying to **** me, he was trying to kill me. So I don't count that.
 

Goblin

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
689
Reaction score
8
My own "jail experience" consists only of overnight stays. I have daily contact with gentlemen and ladies who've had a spectrum of experiences as guests of various correctional facilities, and I don't really want to get into the particulars than to say "I'm against prison ****" (which, sadly, is not an entirely uncontroversial stance
plain.gif
).

I can say, however, that probably the only thing that kept me out of prison as a teenager and young adult was the omnipresent specter of buggery.
 

Featured Sponsor

Which fictional character’s style do you find most iconic? (Choose 2)

  • Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

  • Lord Henry Wotton from “The Picture of Dorian Gray” by Oscar Wilde

  • Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

  • Sherlock Holmes from the Sherlock Holmes series by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

  • James Bond from Casino Royale by Ian Fleming


Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
486,300
Messages
10,334,333
Members
217,305
Latest member
jennyastor
Top