• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

In a pinch need some SF help

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Dont have time to search the forum right now.

Two things:

Does the northeast regional from Boston to NYC allow you to bring garment bags onboard and is there anywhere to hang them? I always fly I, never take the train.

I have a suit and a blazer in two canvas RL garment bags. For those of you who wear RL, you know how you can fold the bag in half securing the bottom handle on the hanger top; is that the best way to pack them? My damn suitcase is just a tad narrow, and will not allow the coats in without making them in to a slight u shape.

Best way to pack them?

Thank you!!!

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a luggage rack above your seat on the regular Amtrak trains. A garment bag should fit.

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
There is a luggage rack above your seat on the regular Amtrak trains. A garment bag should fit.

Thanks!

Room as in room to hang...or lay flat?

jungshoe

Reaction score
when i lived on the east coast i used to ride the amtrak between dc and new york and took garment bags all the time. not sure if the interiors of the carriages have changed, but there was plenty of storage room on the overhead racks. if i remember correctly, there's also a hook on the seatbacks, like in your car. the porter will also hang your bag in the storage compartment for you if you ask.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.