• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Importance of Sex in a Relationship

Swag22

Reaction score
What is your take on the importance of sex in a relationship?

My girlfriend and I ******** once per every 3 days on average, sometimes more, sometimes less. I tend to have a higher desire to ******** than her, as most men usually do. I feel a healthy sex life is key in maintaining love in a relationship, but where does one draw the line? Where do you distinguish being a horny bastard that wants sex all the time, and having a consistent intimate experience with your significant other?

Any input is appreciated

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Damn, that's not enough for me, or my gf.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I'm confused. You feel bad because you want to ********?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I'm confused. You feel bad because you want to ********?

I think he's questioning if that feeling is wrong. Ie, he either does want it more and either she doesn't or it just doesn't happen for some reason and he's asking all of us how often we do it to gauge if wanting and not ********** more often then every 3 days or so is normal or not... and maybe if that's some sort of dealbreaker

Swag22

Reaction score
Well Yeah basically Im wondering if its normal and how your relationships work. It fluctuates alot. Sometimes well ******** everyday for a week straight sometimes 4-5 times a day. Then other times well ******** 3 times a week, then sometimes 1 time the whole week.

I don't know how to make our sex life more consistent.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Swag22
What is your take on the importance of sex in a relationship?

A necessary but insufficient condition for a good relationship.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you aren't getting enough, you aren't getting enough. That will lead to problems.

Good sex is the lifeblood of any relationship.. You simply can't build one without.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
If you aren't getting enough, you aren't getting enough. That will lead to problems.

Good sex is the lifeblood of any relationship.. You simply can't build one without.

+1. Also, it's not just about getting enough. I don't care as long as I get it a three days a week (more than 3x thought), because I am so busy at work and I usually do not have too much time for girlfriends during the week.

What has forced me to end relationships has been when I just stopped being turned on bya particular girl in bed. I still loved her, and really enjoyed spending time with her more than with anyone, but I felt it would be disingenuous of me to stay in a relationship in which I was losing sexual interest.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
+1. Also, it's not just about getting enough. I don't care as long as I get it a three days a week (more than 3x thought), because I am so busy at work and I usually do not have too much time for girlfriends during the week.

What has forced me to end relationships has been when I just stopped being turned on bya particular girl in bed. I still loved her, and really enjoyed spending time with her more than with anyone, but I felt it would be disingenuous of me to stay in a relationship in which I was losing sexual interest.

yeah that happened to me before. sad.

bc78

Reaction score

Very true. As long as the attraction is there you can deal with fluctuations in frequency.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 I had a post about this a while back too. The girl I am with now, has been for the most part a different experiance, she definatly wants it more than me, but doesnt get pissed if I am not up for it, etc... plus, she is more than willing to initiate it which is good when you are half asleep in bed cause you had a wicked long night. As for the actual sex, since I am only with her, and not talking to 3 girls on the side, and focusing, its actaully pretty damn good.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Good sex in my experience is the ultimate indicator of compatibility in a relationship.
A man after my own heart. Wanna ****?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
+1 I had a post about this a while back too. The girl I am with now, has been for the most part a different experiance, she definatly wants it more than me, but doesnt get pissed if I am not up for it, etc... plus, she is more than willing to initiate it which is good when you are half asleep in bed cause you had a wicked long night. As for the actual sex, since I am only with her, and not talking to 3 girls on the side, and focusing, its actaully pretty damn good.

Does this woman have an older sister? Or, perhaps, a MILF?

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least once a day?

Once every three days seems unhealthy to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads