• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Immortals (11.11.11)

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMDB | Official Site | Wiki
E0id1.png
Years after the Titanomachy, the Titan Hyperion (Mickey Rourke) declares war on humanity. He searches for the Epirus Bow, a legendary weapon created by the war god Ares, which will allow him to free the rest of the Titans from Tartarus and take revenge on the Olympians who brought about their downfall. In accordance with ancient laws, the gods are unable to take a side in the war between Hyperion and humanity. It is left to a peasant named Theseus (Henry Cavill), chosen by Zeus (Luke Evans) and accompanied by the priestess Phaedra (Freida Pinto) and a slave (Stephen Dorff), to protect his homeland and save the gods.
Trailer:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.​

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You part of some internet marketing campaign?

Anyways. Watched the trailer for this last night. Some of the special effects are ridiculous (good and bad), but the story and dialogue are so hackneyed that the only way I'll be watching this is if someone else gets it on DVD.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll most likely watch it.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were banging the edges of their swords against hard metal. Bad move. I can forgive it if the movie is sufficiently manly.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I already saw 300. I liked it, but have no desire to watch a remake just a few years later.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The common factor in Willy's movie threads is clearly Frieda Pinto.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Getting tired of this hyper-stylized style of movie fighting. The fact that it's directed by Tarsem isn't going to help.

Give some of the old movies where they actually fought.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

lefty

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mickey should have stopped after the wrestler.....lightning isn't going to strike twice for him...

SeanathonHuff

Reaction score
Remove the dialogue, add more of the Indian girl, and I'll probably watch it.
cloud.gif

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The acting (or perhaps just the dialogue) was pretty bad. Will probably rent when it's on DVD though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads