• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Im trying to achieve this look. Can you guys help?

Fresh44

Reaction score
Saw this .

Its the guy in the suit.

Not too close up, but im sure you can make out what he is wearing.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/inde...goryId=1795706

It seems to be a navy blue dot tie with a purple shirt and the white collar. With a blue jacket.

Its a nice look, esp. how the blue goes with the purple. Id love to get this look but i cant find any shirts like that.

Fresh44

Reaction score
Do you think if I emailed RL they would tell me?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fresh44
Do you think if I emailed RL they would tell me?
Call their headquarters instead. You can call and order things (that's how they used to do it before the Internets), so I don't see why you couldn't call and get this info.

Fresh44

Reaction score
so would I be able to email them a link as a reference?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fresh44
so would I be able to email them a link as a reference?

Sure, but maybe you can just say that you went to their website and it's the picture on the Purple Label part of their site.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They used to sell that shirt. They probably still do. It's not the Keaton shirt because it has a forward point collar.

Fresh44

Reaction score
I wonder how much all of this will run me?

Purple Label ties are $175. Their shirts are usually $300. Suits...wow. $2,000?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that shirt, and maybe the whole outfit, is from the Fall 07 PL collection.

I like that tie. Note that the other one you linked to is different--the dots are scaled differently and closer together.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shirt is an end on end with a lavender stripe, french cuff. He also has on a black pin stripped suit with fedora and matching top coat. it also looks like he's wearing a pocket square with the top coat, which apparently is a new style i'm not used to.

Fresh44

Reaction score
The suit looks blue to me. If that's from fall 07 would I still be able to get it?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The shirt is not end on end and the suit is not black. Call RL, as previously suggested.

kryn13

Reaction score
And if all else fails, go see your shirtmaker, picture in hand. As for the tie, you could try Sam Hober.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads