• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

i'm thinking about cutting my hair really short.

Tsintaosaurus

Reaction score
like justin timberlake short.

hairstyle29.jpg

hairstyle25.jpg

right now, it's only tsintaosaurus short.

ascdf.jpg

should i chop it all off or do you guys have other hairy suggestions? no fauxhawks and no high maintenance japanese anime hair please!

also, the second justin shot looks like a simple untextured cut with a clipper all over at the same length (maybe a #5?) while in the first shot the top looks a bit longer than the sides. do you mates reckon that i could walk out of a $5 supercuts looking like the above?

Tsintaosaurus

Reaction score
i might even consider just shaving it all off like david beckham. yes/no

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did a head shave for cancer a few weeks ago, and had hair longer than yours at the time. I have had everything from shoulder lenght to as you put it, JT short.

Anyhow, shaving my head was great, and I have kept it at a no. 2 guard for the last few weeks. It is so easy to maintain, and I think, looks ok.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say shave it off and let it grow to your favorite length.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For me it would be about 2 weeks between baldness and the pics you posted. I don't know about you, but I say +1 to Stazy.

JR88

Reaction score
Depends on the shape of your head and your facial features. I did the Beckham thing about a year and a half ago. It looks pretty bad on me, but I keep doing it anyway because it saves prep time in the morning, and when it's - 10 degrees in January, wearing a hat on the walk to work doesn't make me look like I've just woken up. Going really short also saves you $20-50/month on "professional" haircuts because you can do it yourself at home with an electric razor.

Timberlake's (i.e., the suburban high school dropout) look is pretty trashy in my opinion.

Tsintaosaurus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JR88
Timberlake's (i.e., the suburban high school dropout) look is pretty trashy in my opinion.
i'm fairly sure it's his outfits rather than his hairstyle that is to blame

auto90403

Reaction score
I've started wearing my hair very short (1.5/2s with the clippers) after deciding that I don't look good with it longer.

As I'm often in Washington, it's easy to find barbers who catering to the military. My last haircut, which cost $20 (generous tip included) was at the barber shop inside the Rayburn House Office Building and across the hall from the Pentagon's liaison offices on Capitol Hill.

My new look makes me look like an off-duty Army officer.

I should say, a well-dressed off-duty Army officer.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Your hair texture is not even close to Justin Timberlake's so it won't look the same when it's cut short. He's got some seriously curly hair and therefore it will never look the same as if you cut your hair a similar length. It's just a fact of life.

Why don't you shave it very close and knock out the desire to look like David Beckham. Then, you can let it grow into your best imitation of Timberlake?

Tsintaosaurus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
Why don't you shave it very close and knock out the desire to look like David Beckham. Then, you can let it grow into your best imitation of Timberlake?
wtf sorry, i'll try to remember to refer to more obscure people next time why is it that whenever someone talks about pop culture or celebrities that someone else always feels compelled to flaunt how edgy and counter-cultural they are?

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can cut it just as short as Mr. Timberlakes, but he has curly hair and you don't. So, it won't look the same at all.

But go to a local salon and ask to see their men's styling books, pick a short cut on straight hair. That's my best advice.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tsintaosaurus
wtf

sorry, i'll try to remember to refer to more obscure people next time

why is it that whenever someone talks about pop culture or celebrities that someone else always feels compelled to flaunt how edgy and counter-cultural they are?

Relax dude, I didn't mean anything buy it. What the hell did I say that was "edgy" or "counter-cultural". Your hair isn't curly and therefore it will never look like Justin Timberlake's. What is wrong with saying that? There is nothing wrong with emulating famous people that fit your aesthetic, but sometimes there are features you just can't emulate (curly hair being one of them). I don't care if you're trying to emulate Curly Joe -- you can't make your hair curly if it's not. Even if you take cues from people that look good, you've gotta develop your own look to a certain extent.

Why are you so embarrased that you want to look good with a shaved head like David Beckham?

I just cut my hair to look like Peter Petrelli on Heroes (don't know the guy's real name). Should I be embarassed?

Tsintaosaurus

Reaction score
assuming that someone is celebrity obsessed by mere mention of their name (or jpeg) is pretty ridiculous

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Where did the word obsessed come into the equation? Did you not post their pictures because you wanted your hair to resemble theirs?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads