I'm thinking about buying these brown leather sneakers, what colors/outfits match them well?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Minotza, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Minotza

Minotza Member

Hey guys, this is my first post here, I'm 20 years old in college, and I desperately need some help deciding what goes with these brown sneakers before I buy them:
    http://www.zappos.com/product/7841076/color/308705

The only reason I don't know what to wear with them is because I've never owned a pair of brown shoes (any type) before.

I would just buy the black, but I already own these Supras:
    http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...nceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEO-_-Feeds-_-Froogle-_-null

and feel like it would be overkill to have two black high-top leather sneakers, plus I do genuinely want the brown, im just confused about what and what not to wear with them.

I own a lot jeans, mostly buffalo brand so they are mostly dark washed, and I'm guessing that goes fine with them
    I have some 7 for all mankind pants, tan and navy (im guessing navy + brown = no?)
    A pair of grey Joes Jeans and I have no idea if they match with brown or not
    and a pair of denim khaki Mek pants, pretty sure khaki and brown go together right?

But mostly I'm confused about what top colors to wear with them, also could I wear my black Buffalo coat with them, or does that clash? The coat: http://buffalojeans.com/p-2275-jepir.aspx

Thanks in advance for the advice!

2. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

They will probably kill me for suggesting this, but you should probably post this in Streetwear and Denim, not Mens Clothing. :hide:

3. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

They should ideally be worn with a generous application of fire. The intense burning sensation should take your mind off how ugly your shoes are, and the pain should force you to meditate on what could have possessed you, as a person who (I'm assuming) is not in possession of a vagina, to consider buying a pair of shoes made by Ugg.

PS: Merry Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  4. LS7

LS7 Senior member

:crackup:

5. Minotza

Minotza Member

I could care less what brand clothes or shoes are. As long as I like the look and fit, the name doesn't mean a thing to me. Having said that, Ugg is known for making high quality, long lasting shoes, and I happen to think these sneakers look awesome. Thanks for the meaningful advice though, I'm glad to know that you personally don't like anything Ugg, just because its from Ugg (Good reasoning, btw).

6. kasakka

kasakka Senior member

For the money you can probably get something much better looking. In any case the brown color on those looks pretty terrible.

7. Minotza

Minotza Member

8. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Have you actually read any of the other threads on this forum? This is probably not the place to be asking this question.

9. Minotza

Minotza Member

Yep, I have read them. Don't really see where else to ask, I already asked in the streetwear section but it hasn't been moderated yet. Its a really simple question, I don't see how it needs to be placed into the "correct" category. The name of the site is stylefourm, and the name of this section is MENS CLOTHING. Are all of you really that pretentious?

10. Minotza

Minotza Member

I guess Tom Brady has a vagina?

11. dasai

dasai Senior member

On Styleforum, "Men's Clothing" means "menswear": suits, ties, jackets, trousers, dress shoes, and their accoutrements. "Streetwear & Denim" is for casual clothing. Guess which category sneakers belong to.

12. HLow

HLow Senior member

[​IMG]

13. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Only by the standards of women's shoes, which are abysmally low to begin with because they're all glued together (including the most expensive ones such as Louboutins) and nobody expects them to last more than a season.

And it's not even that I universally hate every shoe made by a women's brand; there are some Jimmy Choo men's shoes on Mr Porter that are actually pretty nice looking, albeit probably somewhat overpriced for what they are. But most of the men's shoes by Ugg are just ugly.

14. Minotza

Minotza Member

Nope. FAKE Uggs are glued together. In fact, one of the ways to distinguish a real pair versus an imitation pair is to see if it has any glue in it. You don't know what you're talking about.

I guess he has a vagina right, Sanguis Mortuum?

15. Minotza

Minotza Member

Uggs are not made with glue, however fake ones often are.

Uggs started as a mens brand. You sure don't know what you're talking about, buddy.