• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm spending 8 nights in Tijuana!

Captain O

Reaction score
I have been eating lobster in Puerto Nuevo, buying silver rings, and firecrackers. I'm also enjoying Chinese food (cheap, plentiful, and delicious)! I'll be eating a Caesar Salad where it originated (at the Hotel Caesar, on Revolution Avenue). Eating shrimp at the beach and having a ball.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Didn't you post this a year or so ago?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
After 29 hours and 35 minutes on the "Greydog", I'll be jumping off in San Diego and onto the San Diego Trolley to San Ysidro, where I'll cross the border and walk the two miles to the Aqua Rio Hotel for a six-night stay.

If it doesn't rain, I'll wear my Bailey paper/straw Porkpie hat all over town as I eat great food, blow off firecrackers at the Playa de Tijuana, and generally fool around. The Chinese food in Tijuana is exceptional and the tacos are to die for. The Hotel Caesar serves the original Caesar Salad for about $8.00 + propina (tip). I love walking all over the city and soaking up the ambiance. The 3/4 mile boardwalk from the border fence along the beach is kind of special.

I have been to the Tijuana Wax Museum (Museo de Cera) and the Tijuana Cultural Center. I know some of the shopkeepers and have established a reputation with them over the past two summers.

Does anyone have any special tips while I'm enjoying the city?

******* groundhog day.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eight days? It will only seem like a year.

Captain O

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm enjoying my stay. Two separate styles of huaraches, two rings, lunch at the Hotel Caesar, running into friends that tun the curio shops, throwing firecrackers on the beach, street tacos, cheap Pepsi-cola, and bottled limeade (55 cents a for a 500ml bottle of limeade).

It is nice.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm enjoying my stay. Two separate styles of huaraches, two rings, lunch at the Hotel Caesar, running into friends that tun the curio shops, throwing firecrackers on the beach, street tacos, cheap Pepsi-cola, and bottled limeade (55 cents a for a 500ml bottle of limeade).

It is nice.
Do they still come up to your car at the border with Chiclé and ceramic Bart Simpsons?

Captain O

Reaction score
They come to the car with lots of Chicle', edibles, blankets, sombreros, etc. You name it. (I plan on leaving at about 0100 on Tuesday morning to avoid the morning rush hour, and get through Los Angeles at a decent time).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Make sure to give us continuous updates and we'll see you again in two years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads