1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I'm so tired of this sh.t...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by IsteRed, May 22, 2012.

1. sborg

sborg Well-Known Member

A video would be great.

2. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I doubt this is a troll post. Back when I was working out and doing a lot of heavy squatting, my thighs measured about 27.5-inches in circumference, and I wore out a number of good suit trousers in a manner similar to what the OP describes although not as rapidly as he seems to be doing it.

3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

This is one of my favorite threads, but I think it needs enhancement.

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

I can understand some wear in that area but not the rapidity that the OP claims. However 3 suits and five pairs of trousers in "the past few months" is a great many: It has either just started to happen - if so what has just changed, or else it is a life long problem which should have been resolved years ago. If it is gait then it is both very extreme or something else is the cause: Either way he has some serious problems to change his walking style.

5. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

Well my thighs are around 70-72 cm with 115 waist ,and my thighs are rubbing on one another while walking.

Well this rapidity is explained because i bought a lot of suits from Italy around a year ago and just now they are starting to get worn out, that's why i've worn out that many in couple of months but i'm wearing them for a year. Also back when i wasn't wearing suits on daily basis and was wearing jeans they were still wearing out but were lasting a much longer time because of the toughness of the fabric.

6. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

First it was modly shoes and now crotchless pants. Forgive me for asking but do you have a fixed address?

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  7. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

That may sound crazy but i even have a job :)

8. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

You're a bit taller and heavier than me, but I have the same waist and thigh measurements as you after many years of lifting. I just got a pair of Levi's 508 and they are godsend for people like us; a bit roomie in the thigh and some taper. They are vanity sized so I got them in 30, but I think you would fit either the 30 or 31. On the other hand, do NOT try some A.P.C.s if you want to keep your fertility, those are tight in both the crotch and thigh area.

9. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Clean your clothes more often. Conventional wisdom holds that dry cleaning damages clothing, which is true, but so does excessive sweating. If you're a sweaty guy, you simply have to clean your clothes more often.

10. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I've given this some thought, but I am reluctant to mar its purity.

11. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

[​IMG]

:confused:

12. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hey Istered

I came across your problem . I wrote a thread to address the problem. It was already in the works for next week but
    i pushed it up for you. does that make you feel better?

Its up above look for "HOLE WORN IN TROUSER THIGH".

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
  13. paulbnyc

paulbnyc Active Member

Gbr thinks a poster is a troll. Again.