I'm so tired of this sh.t...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by IsteRed, May 22, 2012.

1. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

Yep i think that's the problem, i just don't know how to walk differently plus the sweating and it makes my pants stick to my legs. I've got most of my pants reinforced but that's just not helping it's a temporary solution, elongates life of the suit for another month or two and that's all...

yes i think so, i've got rid of the shoe problem by putting paper in the shoes after wear so they can suck out the moisture. Well anyway i'm only buying stuff on B&S so that's not a problem :)

I'm never washing my suit pants, dry cleaning only.

Guys seriously i'm not trolling, i'd provide pictures but i've thrown away all my pants which are teared.

2. asturiano

asturiano Senior member

Is because of the way you walk

3. romafan

romafan Senior member

^^^ IIRC, there was a running joke a while ago btwn ed & the former-serviceman expat living in hungary (tiger?:confused:) that had to do w/ 'muscular' thighs rubbing together resulting in frayed threadbare pants much like what is being described

4. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

Well this could be it, because it's certainly from rubbing fabric together but i don't think i'm walking in any way strange. also i was doing a lot of squating so i have pretty muscular thighs. .. what can i do to resolve this?

5. schrag

schrag Well-Known Member

I've worn jeans out this way - the fabric on the thighs below the crotch just wears paper thin and then gets holes. Usually one side before the other, behind the inner seam.

I'm 6'2", ~185 wear a 32" waist with a 24" thigh. Sizing for waist is a hard habit to break, and a bad idea for cyclists & lifters.

Part of it is that I wear denim slimmer than chinos/wool trousers. From what I can tell, the fabric is stressed from crouching down - like when I tie my shoes every day.

Barring poly blends with elastane (stretch), you may have to toy with having a fuller-cut trouser tapered in the legs and nipped in the waist. I've done this with a modicum of success, but it can get pricey.

Even pants with a big upper block (ie sizing up in the waist) may not have thighs cut generous enough... many, er, bigger men still have stick legs - they fit like humpty-dumpty pants. If they feel tight across the front, especially when you lift a leg, they will probably wear through the thigh

I'd love to get a personal pattern I could use for bespoke/MTM trousers.

If it's sweat however.... not much I can suggest :puzzled:

Last edited: May 23, 2012

6. sborg

sborg Well-Known Member

A video would be great.

7. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I doubt this is a troll post. Back when I was working out and doing a lot of heavy squatting, my thighs measured about 27.5-inches in circumference, and I wore out a number of good suit trousers in a manner similar to what the OP describes although not as rapidly as he seems to be doing it.

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

This is one of my favorite threads, but I think it needs enhancement.

9. GBR

GBR Senior member

I can understand some wear in that area but not the rapidity that the OP claims. However 3 suits and five pairs of trousers in "the past few months" is a great many: It has either just started to happen - if so what has just changed, or else it is a life long problem which should have been resolved years ago. If it is gait then it is both very extreme or something else is the cause: Either way he has some serious problems to change his walking style.

10. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

Well my thighs are around 70-72 cm with 115 waist ,and my thighs are rubbing on one another while walking.

Well this rapidity is explained because i bought a lot of suits from Italy around a year ago and just now they are starting to get worn out, that's why i've worn out that many in couple of months but i'm wearing them for a year. Also back when i wasn't wearing suits on daily basis and was wearing jeans they were still wearing out but were lasting a much longer time because of the toughness of the fabric.

11. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

First it was modly shoes and now crotchless pants. Forgive me for asking but do you have a fixed address?

Last edited: May 23, 2012

12. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

That may sound crazy but i even have a job :)

13. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

You're a bit taller and heavier than me, but I have the same waist and thigh measurements as you after many years of lifting. I just got a pair of Levi's 508 and they are godsend for people like us; a bit roomie in the thigh and some taper. They are vanity sized so I got them in 30, but I think you would fit either the 30 or 31. On the other hand, do NOT try some A.P.C.s if you want to keep your fertility, those are tight in both the crotch and thigh area.

14. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Clean your clothes more often. Conventional wisdom holds that dry cleaning damages clothing, which is true, but so does excessive sweating. If you're a sweaty guy, you simply have to clean your clothes more often.

15. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I've given this some thought, but I am reluctant to mar its purity.