1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I'm Quitting Vegetarianism.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Nouveau Pauvre, Mar 8, 2011.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

[​IMG]

i don't have any scientific evidence or a good sample size, but the majority of true vegetarians (the guys who really ever don't eat animal meat) always seem to be cranky and asshole-ish.

most of my vegetarian co-workers and friends always seem to have an A-hole edge to them.

but anyone who's just eaten a nice plate of bacon - 100% of them are calm and satisfied.

in the past, when I have been on extremely low fat diets, I have been an asshole. I think that fat does keep you calmer. just saying

2. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

No one has ever accused me of being a calm, nice and laidback guy and I doubt this will change that. But at least I'll progress in the gym a lot faster! [​IMG]

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

No one has ever accused me of being a calm, nice and laidback guy and I doubt this will change that. But at least I'll progress in the gym a lot faster!

^ plate of bacon will calm you right into a 2 hour sleep paralysis nap.

[​IMG]

I suggest your 2nd meal after your high fallutin artsy fartsy introduction to meat meal - be a plate of bacon.

4. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

Humans are not biological omnivores. The risk of eating raw meat is one clue.
    now youve made me want to run the risk of eating steak tartare or capaccio for dinner tonight maybe some ceviche for lunch

5. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

I'm looking forward to Steak Tartare tonight.

damn, beaten [​IMG]

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I sense a nice pastrami on rye with russian dressing in your future bubulah.

7. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

I sense a nice pastrami on rye with russian dressing in your future bubulah.
    Oh, Christ. I was out camping in the desert for two weeks living off of nothing but dried fruit and nuts; first place I hit when I got home was Carnegie Deli. Had a "Woody Allen", which is roughly 3 pounds of pastrami and corned beef. Tasted sublime.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Pio- what was this magic fish dish?

Not sure exactly how they cooked it. Might have been seared. But the fish itself was just incredible.

9. Wjleier

Wjleier Senior member

So happy for you! Welcome back to sensible behavior. I would reccomend something dellicious and fatty. Maybe a bone in rib eye or a duck breast! If your gf is a foodie i'm sure she will find a way to make you happy to be back on the dark side!

10. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

damn, beaten [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tartared. And it was good.

11. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Thanks for the faith but I will readily admit there's some folks here that will lead you to animal protein bliss better than I. Unless you go the foie route [​IMG]

I will tell you I recently had the best portion of fish in my life. It is called "black cod" or "butterfish" and I'm sure it has other names. So damn good. I mean, best piece of fish in my life and I would say better than probably 80% of the steaks I've had in my life.

Hmm, an easy and eff'ing delish thing would be to braise pork bellies. There's a NYT recipe here somewhere. I'd find it for you but my search function hasn't worked for a few weeks. I first saw it posted by Edian. I can tell you it takes some time but is easy. Here's a pic of one of my efforts at it:

In the braising liquid:

[​IMG]

All dressed with the Bourbon sauce and crisped up on the grill:

[​IMG]

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/dining/205frex.html

Posting that link was the beginning of the end of my failing on SF!

12. Jlaph1

Jlaph1 New Member

As a vegetarian thinking about adding meat back to my diet. What was the first meal? Was it worth it? Are you still eating meat? Just. Curious