• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

im not a skinny guy, but where can i find slim fit trousers that look good

dirtysouth

Reaction score
I'm 6 foot and about 190lbs. I'd like to find a nice slim fit suit or trousers. I've been looking around. But by the time I get to try on a 34 or 36 waist, the pant is already too big to have that slim look in the legs.

My main shoe, for the time being, is the Kenneth Cole Studfinder. Any ideas? I might need to think outside the box a little on this.

Thanks!

dirtysouth

Reaction score
Those are very nice. But I'm thinking even skinnier in the leg.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bespoke or MTO trousers can sometimes be had for as low as $200 plus cost of cloth. Even if you paid $300 or so, the freedom you get with cut and style makes it worthwhile. There are plenty of threads about where to source quality cloth.

nickwills

Reaction score
I'm about the same size, so I can probably be a good adviser.

I may get thrashed for this, but I tried the slim fit slacks on from the Gap the other day and I thought the fit was superb. They're only $50, so don't expect the quality to be off the wall, but my wife saw the fit and loved it. here's the link. I don't think you can go wrong with either color.

IF you want something more exotic, I just bought some of these and they are my new favorite pair of slacks.

dirtysouth

Reaction score
Wow. I think the Gap pants are almost exactly the fit I'm looking for.

Thanks!

But I'm still open to other ideas! The J. Crew stuff was cool too.

buhdda

Reaction score
I'm 6'1 168lbs, Size 32 Jil Sander or Dior Homme are the best slim fitting pants IMO

hotspur

Reaction score
I will recommend these. http://store.americanapparel.net/rsact400.html#i I just got them today. They taper, as to be both skinny in the legs, yet roomy enough in the upper thigh/ass region for someone who has muscle (or any mass) in that area. I got them in the midnight navy. My only problem with these is that the inseam is a little weird. Like an inch or two more inseam would be great, with a corresponding reduction in crotch-seam.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lands' End Tailored Fit is another option.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirtysouth

My main shoe, for the time being, is the Kenneth Cole Studfinder.

Do these actually find studs? In a wall or on the street?

lefty

Opermann

Reaction score
If you don't want to spend an arm and a leg, Express wool trousers are lower-rised and fit slimmer than Gap, BR and JCrew and can be had at less than $100. The wool is not amazing but they're on par with all the other mall brands and look very nice.

andyw

Reaction score
I picked up a nice pair at Banana Republic of all places and the perenial favorite at Uniqlo.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirtysouth

My main shoe, for the time being, is the Kenneth Cole Studfinder. Any ideas? I might need to think outside the box a little on this.

Thanks!

There is really a shoe named Studfinder? Why haven't any of our **** posters mentioned this? Or at least our carpenters?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads