• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm Moving

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
The all-white apt. concept didn't wait for Margiela to emerge, I like it.
You would enjoy a dinner at Falai in the LES. I do like all-white but I think I prefer some contrast. Painting exposed bricks white is a crime IMO - especially since it costs a fortune to clean that up if you (or the next owner) want to get back to the brick color.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Black wood floors can't be worse than the stupid diamond steel floors.

Welcome to the hood

? Explain?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
? Explain?
Explain what? Why it's silly to put outdoors steel plate throughout your apartment? There are so many reasons from basic comfort consideration to puerile aesthetics. Black wood floors would be a massive improvement (especially for your downstairs neighbours).

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like black wood (
rimshot.gif
) and was actually getting my kitchen floor like this was but I was told the wood species would not work for the kitchen. SoCal, just be careful if there is a ton of sunlight shining on the floor, it will fade the floor quickly.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Explain what? Why it's silly to put outdoors steel plate throughout your apartment? There are so many reasons from basic comfort consideration to puerile aesthetics. Black wood floors would be a massive improvement (especially for your downstairs neighbours).

Watch it, Frenchy, or you'll wake up with a cabbage head in your bed courtesy of the SoCal family business.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

It's easy to clean, it looks great, I see no comfort consideration compared to hardwood floors or marble unless you choose to compare it to carpeting. Not sure how my neighbors are affected either?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a black polymer over the wood would look cool. forgot the name of it but there is **** that will make it crackle and peel. do it.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Black floors are terrible. Only gangsters, Chinese people, and FNB can get away with black floors, unless they are dinner floors. Classic painted wooden floor colors include navy and charcoal.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
either way, i wouldn;t paint it. my basement has blue painted wood floors and looks like **** after a lot of foot traffic. looks like something my kids did.

The Snob

Reaction score
Black wood floor would look great especially if it covers an existing unattractive hardwood in some non-descript wood shade.. except really--your landlord (are you renting?) will you do this???

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Seriously, though, I think this has the potential to look like a Banana Republic store.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Seriously, though, I think this has the potential to look like a Banana Republic store.

I think that's what he's going for.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas

He's putting in a gravel driveway though.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood! We recently ripped up the the old parquet squares and put down a nice hardwood floor. Are you painting or staining?
confused.gif
We used a dark walnut-like stain that turned out very nice (appears black in low light conditions - lit up it is a very dark brown streaked w/ black).

Be sure to check out Aroma wine bar (E. 4th just west of BB)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads