• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm In Need For Some Style Advice.

tighty88

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a college student from NY who has just discovered the brand Trovata, and has quickly become enamored with its "East Coast-meets-West Coast" ethos. As of late, I'm trying to incorporate that aesthetic into my own personal style...by any means necessary. Basically, I'm looking to develop a style that evokes a crisp and preppy yet laid-back charm

Personally, I have an "any-man" style of jeans, graphic t-shirts and battered sneakers which might be considered somewhat Californian, but now I have a desire to refine it and somehow mix it with some WASPy elements.

- Right now, in terms of tees, I'm just stuck with Express graphic tees, and I really need a way out, but not in a way that completely distances me from my laid-back tastes.

- Jeans-wise, it's the same deal; the bulk of them are either from Express or the Gap (save for one pair of Levi's 511s, which i love) Does anyone know of a better brand or two, preferably one that's either skinny or has a straight fit

- For the shoes, I have my Converses which have deteriorated but are still wearable. I'm prone to any type of low tops for the most part, but I'm willing to try some new stuff out .

- In addition, I'm looking for some decent V-necks that can work for my small frame - black, gray or navy will do just fine. I've been contemplating about getting one from Abercrombie (mind you, I'm still a young guy) and having it made-to-measure. All I need is something off the rack that actually works for me.

sayocean

Reaction score
Jeans: Kicking Mule Workshop Rocker jeans.. imo is a great skinny cut. Dresscodes ATL carries these bad boys, would highly recommend. Otherwise, you can also try the APC new standards.

Shoes: If you like chucks, you may like PF flyers Number 5. You can also try vans authentics or eras, both are great lo top options that look great with jeans imo.

tighty88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brohymn
Check out H&M and Uniqlo.

The cardigans and V-necks are great, especially with my smaller frame; I've never sampled uniqlo but again the cardigans are wonderful as well as the tees.

Originally Posted by sayocean
Jeans: Kicking Mule Workshop Rocker jeans.. imo is a great skinny cut. Dresscodes ATL carries these bad boys, would highly recommend. Otherwise, you can also try the APC new standards.

Shoes: If you like chucks, you may like PF flyers Number 5. You can also try vans authentics or eras, both are great lo top options that look great with jeans imo.

The Vans are the perfect choice in my book, and I think KMW Rocker jeans would definately work; APC would too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads