• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm in AE sizing HELL - Help

csc67

Reaction score
Currently, I wear 8D's in the Chester (last # 3) and Ashland (last # 4) that are a perfect fit. Both are approximately 11.5" long and 4" at the widest part

Looking to purchase a pair of AE's in dark brown and purchased the Strand model (last #5) in 8D which was way too narrow. I called AE customer service (which was fantastic) and they thought the McNeil in 8D would be very similar to my current shoes, but they were too narrow in the right foot on the inside ball of foot and the left foot was snug. The back heel also seemed slightly loose, which could potentially be an issue if I went to the McNeil in 8E

The closest AE retailer is over an hour away and doesn't stock any models in either 8 or 8.5

Does anyone have a some AE's in either 8 or 8.5 that they are willing to measure and post the size with length and width of them

Thanks

Claus

Reaction score
csc67, you may like to give my site a try: The 5 (65) last is rather well rated.

If there's no hit and you got no other response here, I'll find the time to look if someone rated either the #3 or the #4 and the #5.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Order both online, return the one that doesn't fit
teacha.gif

csc67

Reaction score
Rebel,

While I appreciate you took the time to reply, I beg to differ - If my foot is 4 inches at widest point and a pair of AE's is only 3 3/4 inches at the widest portion, I'm guessing they won't fit me

Thanks

dpopat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
Order both online, return the one that doesn't fit
teacha.gif

AE has free returns. Do this and stop wasting your time trying to figure it out on the internet.
teacha.gif

Saltricks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dpopat
AE has free returns. Do this and stop wasting your time trying to figure it out on the internet.
teacha.gif

They wouldn't take my return after I had worn it once

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads