• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm going to shoot my HP printer with a 12 gauge

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This printer has been slowly but surely testing my patience since I bought it. The audacity this ****** shows is amazing. It's one of those deals where the color cartridges are bought individually, so if you run out of yellow ink, you don't have to replace the entire color cartridge, just the yellow... Yea, in theory. I noticed some funny business going on with the low ink warnings, as I rarely print in color. I got so pissed at it one day I did an experiment. I replaced the "empty" cartridges, and printed nothing but black and white. Eventually, I got a warning indicating me I was low on just about every color, despite never using them. I'm fairly confident the printer has some sort of internal timer that eventually says you're out of color X, despite never using it. Not a big deal right, wrong. It won't print anything in black and white until you replace the colors. Nice. I really get upset when this ***** goes into warning mode. It will warn me that I'm "low" on blue, pink and yellow ink. Then the next day, I'm out. OK, how exactly did I run out of these colors by printing a letter in black and white that was 5 sentences long. I had tried calling HP a while ago to make sure there was nothing wrong with it, and asked them politely what the point of the goddamn separate cartridges is if it physically prevents you from printing in black and white if you are out of any of the individual colors. At this point I refuse to buy any ink for it, and I'm just going to replace it with a b&w printer. It's fate is not looking good right now, and this damn thing is lucky I can't discharge firearms in the city. I'll bide my time until I visit home in a few weeks. This thing is dead. Note how the screen is warning me that I am out of blue and purple ink, I couldn't print a damn coupon this morning because of it.
001-1.jpg

flashback

Reaction score
"PC Load Letter??? What the **** does that mean?!!?!"

flashback

Reaction score
Seriously though, Canon is the way to go for printers. Epson is also a good choice.

KenN

Reaction score
Just get a b/w laser printer for everyday use. Most people never need to print color. If you need to print color often, you should look into a continuous ink system.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flashback
Seriously though, Canon is the way to go for printers. Epson is also a good choice.

Meh, the big printer companies all make good printers and bad printers. At the office we have huge hp laserjets that never break. It's simply a matter of getting what you pay for. It is especially true with printers.

gamblor

Reaction score
I just destroyed my HP, a replacement from the Canon online store is on its way.

Maybe HP blows, maybe it's too much to expect a colour printer/scanner to do everything for 5years when it sells for $50.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please post pics after you've shot the printer, or better yet, film it and upload to youtube. Let's see the 12 gauge.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ Better Yet
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. +
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. PS - I geuss this is why we have the "no ties without jackets" rule...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Eh. I wanna see a pic of that printer with bulletholes.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn it feels good to be a gangster.

just a tip, from my old printer tech days, get some isopropyl alcohol and q-tips, and wipe off the connectors where the ink attaches to the printer. those connections get gunked up and can cause it to mis read stuff. We used to use plastic and glass cleaner, but I will be damned if I can remember where we got it from.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn't the business plan for most printer manufacturers to sell their product at cost or even at a loss, so they can make money on the consumables ( the f**king ink ).

I know for a fact that HP has prospered doing this. For a number of years their printer division made more money than their computer division. I don't know if this is still true.

I own an HP 2600N laderjet color printer and I wish I had a B & W laserjet. The ink refills are too high on the color printer.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flashback
"PC Load Letter??? What the **** does that mean?!!?!"

laugh.gif
I got it before I saw that youtube reference.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a black and white laser printer.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dot matrix is back!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads