• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm Going to Be in a Documentary

phildo

Reaction score
MTV should make a Real World with a cast consisting of only SZ members.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good Luck.

I guess the documentary is not going to be about "typical 20 somethings" in those cities.

Some 20 year old farmer kid in Iowa might see it and think, "All I have to do is move to NYC and then I can live like Socal"
laugh.gif

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
In all seriousness (and I appreciate how funny this is), you don't understand SoCal.
Why, is he in Mugatu's Derelicte campaign?

03_herchcovitch_lgl.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something tells me you may not completely like what you see on screen when it's all said and done.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The people have voted, this thread is rated one star.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Angelo Badalamenti should do the Labelking doc.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
So I was put in contact with a photographer/artist/blogger girl here in NY who was trying to find people to be in a French documentary about 20 year olds in various cities. They are doing Berlin, Tokyo, Paris, Rome, LA and a few others. I guess they want to follow me around shopping and going out at night...
confused.gif

These **** start by talking pictures of their friends and themselves at parties and now they're invading our idiot box. I hope you enjoy the experience but I'd really like to know the angle that makes it interesting...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Something tells me you may not completely like what you see on screen when it's all said and done.

I don't think so.

Originally Posted by Fuuma
These **** start by talking pictures of their friends and themselves at parties and now they're invading our idiot box. I hope you enjoy the experience but I'd really like to know the angle that makes it interesting...

It's a whole mix of people. The girl just likes that I'm happy, shopping and don't care about the recession.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I don't think so.

It's a whole mix of people. The girl just likes that I'm happy, shopping and don't care about the recession.

Hmm, ok but what's her goal exactly? ballin 20-something in "cool" metropolis that work in the broad cultural/creative sphere? And then what?

I'll give you that If I was looking for a happy shopper that doesn't care about the recession you'd be in my top 5 no problem.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think so.
I like your optimism but anyone reading the theme of the documentary, and having watched such things on TV before, would probably know what tone will be used to treat the topic of an outrageously wealthy large-spending 20-something asparagus heir in the big city with caustic-sarcastic humor to boot. I hope I'm wrong - unless that's what you expect and want.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Hmm, ok but what's her goal exactly? ballin 20-something in "cool" metropolis that work in the broad cultural/creative sphere? And then what?

I'll give you that If I was looking for a happy shopper that doesn't care about the recession you'd be in my top 5 no problem.

No we talked about that...they already have someone who is going to act like they are on The City or some ****. Mine is more the shopper/fashion fan that turned a passion into a profession and it's like my weekly therapy to see my sales associates and stuff like that.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I like your optimism but anyone reading the theme of the documentary, and having watched such things on TV before, would probably know what tone will be used to treat the topic of an outrageously wealthy large-spending 20-something asparagus heir in the big city with caustic-sarcastic humor to boot. I hope I'm wrong - unless that's what you expect and want.

Well it's for French TV and they are all assholes so who cares what they think?

Johnathan

Reaction score
I don't think so.

You say that as if it were an accomplishment for someone with your means to keep spending money. I'm surprised you even know there is a recession.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads