• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm going to be a father

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
Just found out - first one...have about 8 months
bounce2.gif

Any words of advice from those experienced?
worship.gif

...and there goes the 3rd best Call of Duty 5 player I've ever played with. Congrats sir. See you in 18 years at COD 36.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Congrats, JG.

Also, I'll repeat some key advice I probably posted in the earlier thread: get thee some cargo shorts. For the first several years you're going to be handed an inordinate amount of stuff to hold, at random times, much of it not particular convenient or pleasant to just hold in your hands for an extended period (especially since you may already be holding lots of other stuff, including potentially the kid, plus pushing a stroller, etc.)

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the good wishes gentlemen. I voted to hold on telling family but the wife insisted (so I didn't really have a say on that). Good call to go on a vaca now, think I will shoot for something in mid-fall.

I'll have to run some searches to check out the past threaks.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
...and there goes the 3rd best Call of Duty 5 player I've ever played with. Congrats sir. See you in 18 years at COD 36.

laugh.gif

I'll still get some time in when the next one comes out in the fall!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

Check this for some good advice: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=87043

I would echo those who said take a nice vacation together, go places, get a lot of sleep and rest. Be very nice and understanding to your wife.

miker

Reaction score
Congratulations. I recommend the book, "What to expect when you're expecting."

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Congrats!

Check this for some good advice: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=87043

I would echo those who said take a nice vacation together, go places, get a lot of sleep and rest. Be very nice and understanding to your wife.

Thanks for the link gdl - saved me a bit of time on the search. some good tips in there that I will be keeping in mind
worship.gif

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Your life will change dramatically. Embrace the change as now you no longer live for yourself.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Congratulations. It's the greatest thing in the world. Have fun, enjoy every minute, because it FLIES by.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats..=)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads