• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm getting married - what to wear?

yoinkernickle

Reaction score
Love to lurk here, don't get the opportunity to buy the quality of clothes that a lot of you guys wear, but none the less, I pick up a lot of good tips.

So I am getting married - in about 15 months.

My fiancee will have picked the perfect dress, and I don't want to let her down. So I would love some help/pointers/ideas on what to wow here with
smile.gif

Church Wedding - Sept wedding.
(I'm 27 - 5'11 - Good shape)

What do you think of this simple grey suit?

Thank you all in advance

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yoinkernickle
Love to lurk here, don't get the opportunity to buy the quality of clothes that a lot of you guys wear, but none the less, I pick up a lot of good tips.

So I am getting married - in about 15 months.

My fiancee will have picked the perfect dress, and I don't want to let her down. So I would love some help/pointers/ideas on what to wow here with
smile.gif

Church Wedding - Sept wedding.
(I'm 27 - 5'11 - Good shape)

Thank you all in advance

What time of day/how formal?

yoinkernickle

Reaction score
Well, the wedding will be about 2pm, but I will be wearing it all day from then. It will be quite formal, as in very old church etc. but there will be a few quicky things at meal/reception.

I'm not sure if I have answered that correctly, but def 3 piece.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, the wedding will be about 2pm, but I will be wearing it all day from then. It will be quite formal, as in very old church etc. but there will be a few quicky things at meal/reception.

How long is it supposed to last? Well into the evening?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do navy. I wish I had.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Do navy. I wish I had.
I agree. It will look good into the evening. Edit: White shirt and a grenadine tie. (Maybe a white PS as well)

yoinkernickle

Reaction score
I should maybe add, that she will be wearing something vintage looking, off-white, bridesmaids will be wearing duck egg blue, the other colour at the wedding will be a nude\\dusky\\baby pink.

Here are some pictures to show describe the feel of the wedding

iherald

Reaction score
I should maybe add, that she will be wearing something vintage looking, off-white, bridesmaids will be wearing duck egg blue, the other colour at the wedding will be a nude\\dusky\\baby pink.

Here are some pictures to show describe the feel of the wedding

Seems to me a bow tie is in order!

Decaffeinated

Reaction score

I'd say something like this if you're going the suit route:
-Navy or Charcoal 3-piece
-Glen Plaid or Macclesfield Tie
-Your own well-fitting french cuff spread-collar shirt
-White Linen or Tipped PS

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
harrogate_joint.jpg
Thank you all in advance

I'd say that it's not a simple suit...it could look good for a wedding (if one was in the wedding party), but it is a bit too costume-like for anything else. I think you'd do better with a more-standard business suit that you could get more future use out of. I'd definitely go with a three-piece for a wedding in any case.

yoinkernickle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Ask your soon to be wife. You haven't learned anything yet?

This is my last hurrah, the only thing I am chosing at my wedding is my outfit. After that, i'm a gonner. So i'm putting it in your hands sf.

Thanks for all the replies so far, some good ideas to ponder on

yoinkernickle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
I'd say that it's not a simple suit...it could look good for a wedding (if one was in the wedding party), but it is a bit too costume-like for anything else. I think you'd do better with a more-standard business suit that you could get more future use out of. I'd definitely go with a three-piece for a wedding in any case.

I shall be in the wedding party tbf, and I don't want to buy something just because I may get future use out of, if she is going to spend ££££ on a dress that is going to lie in the attic, i'm sure as **** doing the same, well maybe not ££££ for me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads