1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I'm getting fat.

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Connemara, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Jesus Christ Mike you are disgusting. Get your head out of your ass and work out. With your gut looking like this, I will no longer accept any type of fat joke coming from you.
    Let's see a pic of the Kwilkinson gut. I may be blinded.

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Let's see a pic of the Kwilkinson gut. I may be blinded.

I find it funny how over the last year, I've lost over thirty pounds ( [​IMG] ) and you just get fatter and fatter. That's okay though buddy, I like more cushion for the pushin. [​IMG]

3. Matt

Matt Senior member

congrats on the weight loss. What have you been doing?

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

congrats on the weight loss. What have you been doing?

Thanks! Like Conne, all my life I was skinny. I was actually skinny and pretty muscular from participating in cross country, tennis, soccer, and basketball in High School. My senior year and freshman/soph year of college I gained weight like crazy. It was easy to think that having pizza every couple nights wouldn't really affect me b/c I was in good shape. Well you stop exercising for two hours a day and surprise surprise, it comes on pretty quickly! So over the last 9 months or so I've just been getting back into exercising between running and biking, indoor soccer, and pickup basketball. I've never been able to get into weight lifting, but I'd like to start.

The weight loss has slowed since February, when I started drinking, but I've cut down on the multiple drink nights and am mainly down to one drink with dinner, so it's starting to come along again.

FWIW, Mike, I remember going from skinny to where you are at to where I was at my heaviest. You really need to get control of it now, b/c it just gets harder and harder with more time and more weight. Take care of yourself man.

5. Antonio Centeno

Antonio Centeno Senior member

Proper diet and exercise. The two work wonders.

6. merkur

merkur Senior member

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  7. robin

robin Senior member

I may just make it my avatar... [​IMG]
    I've been tempted to make an animated gif with it.

8. KBW

KBW Senior member

Dude- I've run marathons, done tris, lift weights regularly-- I'm no slouch. This is some guy who basically works out FOR A LIVING and you're citing him as the average dude who works out?

To be fair that guy's workouts are more towards fitness than bodybuidling. The guy is wrong when he says the average guy can't get huge because I work out with 5 or 6 people who look about as big as Arnold they just can't stay nearly that big and get cut to do shows like Arnold did. The guy in the youtube video isn't very strong but he IS extremely fit. An IFBB pro who is 300+ pounds (Mat Duvall) works out at my gym as well so I have a valid comparison. It isn't hard getting huge and strong looking the hard part is keeping a very low bf% while getting like that.

9. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Dude - you really need to start doing some serious working out.

The one thing you really have in college is time. Sure it seems like you're busy, but after you're done and out in the real world, you look back and go "what the hell was I doing with all that spare time?"

This is your best chance to get in great shape. You have access to gyms, fitness centers, exercise classes, inter-mural sports teams, etc.

Get off your ass and start doing something.

Don't worry about stuff like "wheat-free diets", just eat healthy and in moderation, limit or stop drinking all together, quit drinking sodas and don't eat junk food.

You'll feel more alive, attract more attention from potential dates and probably do better academically.

10. Bird's One View

Bird's One View Senior member

Wheat free diet is great if you are gluten intolerant.

For weight loss, it might help a little just because so many common foods contain wheat. But this is cultural, not biological.

11. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

A wheat-free diet will only take up time that would be more properly used toward the exhausted helpful advice given in this thread... Maybe that's what you really want.

12. merkur

merkur Senior member

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  13. Bird's One View

Bird's One View Senior member

Yes. Also spelled coeliac disease.

14. thinman

thinman Senior member

can we put a moritorium on quoting that photo. I saw it once, that was enough...now I have seen it three times and may have nightmares.

+1. I threw up in my mouth more than just a little. No one needs to see that shit.

Congrats, kwilk. Keep at it. I prescribe more frequent sex for real weight loss.

15. Merckx

Merckx Senior member

Progress has been minimal. I've cut way back on booze and am seriously contemplating a wheat-free diet. Apparently it's great for physical and mental health.

The Connebody: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]]

Yes, thank you. That was disturbing. Please excuse me while I walk over here and stick my head in this bucket full of bleach.

16. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

So I've begun a diet. Cutting out soda, cookies, cakes, etc. Yogurt and fruit for breakfast, salad at least once a day, peanut butter at least once a day, chicken/lean red meat for dinner, etc. Trying also to cut down on breads and wheat.

17. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

i was fat like that photo (disgusting), even worse. however, i spent the last 6-7 months working my butt off and eating relatively better. now i got no gut. you can do it too Conne. it just a matter of mind over matter.

18. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I don't see why his gut is so disgusting. The camera framing isn't doing any favors but it really isn't that bad yet.

Here is how I lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks. Cut out all sugar / high fructose corn syrup / alcohol / overly processed foods / and high carbs (aka potatoes!).

Yogurt is great cuz it has probiotics in it if you get the natural stuff. Read the labels, you'll see things like Yoplait have high fructose corn syrup.

Also, get a colonic to scrape some of that sludge from your colon walls.

Eat every 3 hours to keep your metabolism up and don't eat more than will fit in your hand at once.

The pounds will melt off without having to really exercise, though doing some exercise will certainly help as well.

19. lefty

lefty Senior member

thinman: "lefty, please post your paraphrasal in Connemara's thread at the top of this subforum."

Per his request...

To paraphrase Hardy Amies, "If you are vain enough to read a forum about men's clothing, surely you can be vain enough to want to make yourself less fat."

lefty

20. whacked

whacked Senior member

To paraphrase Hardy Amies, "If you are vain enough to read a forum about men's clothing, surely you can be vain enough to want to make yourself less fat."

lefty

To paraphrase Thomas Carlyle: "A person with half volition goes backwards and forwards, but makes no progress on even the smoothest of roads".

In perspective, "half volition" might still be too much to describe Conne.