• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm Getting Fat. OMFG Make it Stop.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
It just doesnt add up though. Diet almost exlusively of natural foods, walking lifestyle, some working out, no junk food, some partying on the weekends but not excessively...this **** should not be happening.

Well 8 beers is a fair amount of calories and Natural foods doesn't mean not a lot of calories. List what you had to eat last weekend and on one day last week (for the entire day). Are you making all your meals yourself or eating out?

wiscogooner

Reaction score
Okay hard A and soda should be an easy way to go. And its no problem to increase vegetable intake and cut down on overall drinking. We'll see how this goes.

Exercise routine is just 40 minutes 3 x week on elliptical
About 3 sets of 7 reps of 80-120lbs inclining freeweights.
3 set of super-7 curls with about 80lbs.
Same for declines.
1 set of 50 inclined situps.
a shitload of calf raises and leg presses.
5 pullups.

I'd keep the cardio.

As for the rest, you need full-body exercises instead of isolation stuff.

Stronglifts 5x5's beginner program is simple and it works.

As for glycemic index stuff, I said it because it's worked for me as far as snacks go, like grabbing a banana which is high GI by itself in a fasted state isn't the best for keeping your metabolism going strong. It's not a miracle cure for fat. Calorie deficit is really the only tried and true method.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay hard A and soda should be an easy way to go. And its no problem to increase vegetable intake and cut down on overall drinking. We'll see how this goes.

Exercise routine is just 40 minutes 3 x week on elliptical
About 3 sets of 7 reps of 80-120lbs inclining freeweights.
3 set of super-7 curls with about 80lbs.
Same for declines.
1 set of 50 inclined situps.
a shitload of calf raises and leg presses.
5 pullups.

Nothing special, but you'd think it would help offset weekend partying.

I walk to/from work normally about 2 times a week but its been more frequent lately.
I also don't have a car so I walk from neighborhood to neighborhood mulitiple times a week especially on weekends. I don't think that counts for much though, since I've gotten pretty put of shape despite the walking.

A. By soda I mean SODA WATER not coke or sprite or whatever.
B. Your weights routine makes NO sense whatsoever. You should be doing squats, deadlifts, presses as the foundation of your lifting, everything else comes after that. And no machines.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More details on what your meals are like and the typical schedule?

wiscogooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
oh how I love natural PB.. Cottage cheese is good too, although I prefer plain freek-type yogurt with active cultures.

Trader Joes Greek Yogurt, is amazing. I haven't tasted better for the price.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
im about the same way as the op in that i gained about 15 pounds in a matter of weeks during the months of november and december just like that.

i mean, in october, i was on the slim side; i was already gaining weight, but everyone saw me as slim/skinny.

now a few weeks later, everyone sees me as some *****. im not slim by any means anymore, im really on the hefty side.

im sick of how i can easily put on weight but takes forever to take it off.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiscogooner
Trader Joes Greek Yogurt, is amazing. I haven't tasted better for the price.

+1

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How quickly do you need to lose weight? If you need to get cut fast, cardio and high-rep, high intensity core weight training with supersets.

As for food, go mainly low fat protein with low-glycemic carbs. So, eat lots of chicken, egg whites, turkey, tuna, salmon and the like but no bread or rice. Go veggies and salads or just straight meat.

Do that for 4-8 weeks... that should cut you up good. Go to a warm beach and show off.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
How quickly do you need to lose weight? If you need to get cut fast, cardio and high-rep, high intensity core weight training with supersets.

As for food, go mainly low fat protein with low-glycemic carbs. So, eat lots of chicken, egg whites, turkey, tuna, salmon and the like but no bread or rice. Go veggies and salads or just straight meat.

Do that for 4-8 weeks... that should cut you up good. Go to a warm beach and show off.

im going to see if i can try this.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This stuff is great:

pasta-penis-boobs.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
which one, total fage?

TJ house brand is better the Fage. Much cheaper too.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just got some new one with no-added sugar preserves mixed in. can't remember the name.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
Track the calories you eat without changing your diet and see how many calories your actually eating (try using www.fitday.com).

+1000. Keep track of what you eat from when you wake up to when you get to bed. EVERYTHING. BE HONEST!! You will almost certainly discover that you are eating more calories than your body is burning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads