• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm a sweaty bastard

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sweat. All the freaking time. I work up a sweat no matter what I'm doing. If I'm not in an air-conditioned environment set at ~20 celsius, sweat will be beading on my forehead in no time.

This is particularly irritating - light colours are out of bounds in the summer months, since I sweat right through them. I don't have a problem with BO - Mitchum takes care of that one pretty well, I just sweat like a mofo.

I drop weight pretty fast if I don't force-feed myself, though I don't want to lean on the "lol high metabolism" excuse. I've been doing big compound lifts for a few years, though I was always pretty sweaty as a kid too.

Any options? Is there anyone else in my shoes - what did you do? Thinking of running to my GP and see what he thinks, but if the internet can help, no harm done.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I have the same problem ): But it started very recently for me... I'm literally dying by the end of the day while walking around in Japan. Is it because I haven't been exercising lately?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Certaindri
Works for me as well. Takes a few nights of application before it starts working.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're talking about sweating on your face, and I have the same issue. Totally embarrassing, and getting anxious about it only makes it worse. From the research I've done over the years I found that there are two routes to get rid of or reduce the sweating. First is Botox, which is pretty extreme just to get rid of sweating. They inject your forehead a few times and supposedly it stops the sweating. I have no experience with this so I cannot chime in. The second is glycopyrrolate (robinul). Its an anti sweating medication that you can get prescribed or get from pharmacy.ca. Its available in both pills and wipes. They both work very well, but I have less side effects when taking the pills. The wipes sometimes sweat into your eyes and dilate your pupils, but that happens maybe 1/50 days and only if you are sweating profusely. With both methods you need to apply like 2 hours before eating any food or they don't work too well. Good luck!

steviecakes

Reaction score
goldbond_logo.jpg

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its not so much my pits, more forehead and chest and back. Thanks for the suggestions, internets

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
Its not so much my pits, more forehead and chest and back. Thanks for the suggestions, internets

As Fycus suggested, for overall sweating the best options are glycopyrrolate (Robinul) and Oxybutynin (Ditropan). Can go to a doctor to get a script or order online. Both will dry out your mouth/eyes a bit. May cause drowsiness.

iKoi

Reaction score
drysol should help. You need a prescription to get it from the pharmacy but if you cant wait just purchase online

relax99

Reaction score
I've been dealing with hyperhydrosis for 3 years now and have tried almost everything save for the surgeries. I'm on an oral med called Roxanne that is working better than anything I've tried before. It has completely dried out my sweat glands unless I'm doing something physically taxing. Certain dri is also good for use anywhere on the body so you can try your forehead and see how that works.

solerider

Reaction score
I've been using glycopyrrolate going on 5+ years. I buy it from pharmacy.ca and My GP knows I use it. It's the only option that has ever worked and it works well. I take 1.5 to 2mg's on days where I am concerned about excessive sweat. You do have to take it first thing in the AM - two hours before you eat - otherwise it's not very effective at all - unless it's been several hours since you last it. It does dry your skin out if you take a lot, as well as your throat and sinuses so you have to be careful with other activities that might aggravate these conditions and lead to sore throat and/or sinus infection (aka smoking weed!). Honestly this stuff has changed my life and would highly recommend it to anyone stricken w/ this annoying and relatively un-researched condition.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads