• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm a sloth on the way to become a fit sloth

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you'd be going to post "use the search function, noob!" or "just eat and lift", then why don't you just use the back button of your browser now? Thanks.

Ok, so I've used to be skinny fat and am on my way to just become fat. I'm lazy as hell and have the willpower of a paper bag. But I like women and I like to do things with them, which makes becoming fat an disadvantage. So I've decided to get in shape a while ago. I'm going to the gym appr. twice or 3 times a week which also showed some results already and I'm cutting out soda and sweets from my diet but still I'm quite a noob when it comes to getting fit despite all I've read.

I've naturally wide hips, pronounced (not sloppy) ass and strong legs (big thighs, good calves). Goal is to not increase leg size in any way but to tone them a little. Upper body needs more work, want to get a little bigger all around there.

I've put together a training plan I'd like to stick with which involves the training split on 4 days (twice upper body, twice lower body).

Day 1
Bench press (3x8)
Seated close row (3x10)
Dumbbell fly (3x10)
Reverse dumbbell fly (3x10)
Preacher curl with barbell (3x10)
French press (3x8)

Day 2
Squat (3x8)
Dumbbell lunge (3x10)
Calf raise (3x10)
Twist crunch (3x12)
Reverse crunch (3x12)

Day 3
Pull up (3x8)
Military press (3x8)
Upright row (3x10)
Triceps dips (3x8)
Cable triceps push-down (3x8)
Dumbbell biceps curls (3x10)

Day 4
Dead lift (3x8)
Dumbbell lunge (3x10)
Machine leg curl (3x10)
Hanging leg raise (3x10)
Clam crunches (3x12)

Warm up is 10 minutes on the elliptical, after the training 15 - 45 minutes again, depending on how late I am (gym closes at 10).

Is this workout good or are my plans crap? I'd be interested in the opinions of the people here what is redundant, useless or what is missing.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón
Warm up is 10 minutes on the elliptical, after the training 15 - 45 minutes again, depending on how late I am (gym closes at 10).

Skip the after-workout run. If you do your workouts right you'll be getting cardio out of it. If you really want to, do 15 minutes and call it a day. Too much and you can actually negatively affect the muscle you're building.

Lizen

Reaction score
Good luck man. It takes quite a bit of willpower to stick to a plan like that. Good luck and I hope you stick it out! Looks good though.

mintyfresh

Reaction score
Because you would like to lose fat, include 20-30 minutes of intense aerobic activity to what you have listed above.

Kris

Reaction score
As Mike B urg ener would say, you need to adopt a junkyard dog attitude, be explosive and get "butt aggressive."

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Concentrate on your diet (calorie deficit for cutting, surplus for bulking), maintain decent protein intake to stave off LBM loss and keep intensity high in the weight room. That should get you pretty far.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads