• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm a Finalist in Bloomingdale's $5k Contest - PLEASE VOTE

tjc4golf

Reaction score
I saw someone guy named Dustin suggested a conspiracy theory on Bloomingdale's Facebook wall. Being a sore loser and inspired by Dustin, I decided to add my own thoughts (i.e. "Congratulations, Gwen! You got off to a very, very slow start but made up a lot of ground between 6pm and 7pm to pull out the narrow victory...") but couldn't figure out how to do it. When I tried it ended up on my wall, not Bloomingdale's. Am I that big of a Facebook marsupial (very possible, it's been years since I've written on someone's Wall) or did Bloomingdale's close its Wall to comments?

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah dude. you got hosed. looks like the contest is fixed.
musicboohoo[1].gif
I can't say i'm surprised. Giving out $6K a day seems like a lot even for such a big company.

officeboy

Reaction score
You have to "Like" them to be able to comment. Then you can unlike them.

-Dustin

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by officeboy
You have to "Like" them to be able to comment. Then you can unlike them.

-Dustin

That was what I did to one of the most well-known US office companies when they had tacky Cyber Monday's sales.

I even sent the email to the CEO!!! I was ticked off so badly no words could describe my feeling!

Well, the contest is not ended yet. Are you going to give it another shot?

agoldf

Reaction score
I think we need to start an SF campaign. Can we get an online petition?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, fishy election.

Maybe Team Mubarak is freelancing now...

xudisco07

Reaction score
The contest seems fishy. The vote percentage is very similar for each of them. Two people are a few percentages apart and one has very little.

tjc4golf

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the support.

I decided to refrain from posting on Bloomingdale's Wall as:
  1. I couldn't see the voting results at work so I'm not sure when or how the lead disappeared. I was getting regular updates from friends to the effect "your killing it" and with less than 20 minutes to go "looks like you're gonna win" but the only times I saw actual numbers were via the posts here (5:04pm - "You: 58%, Jona: 37%, Girl: Fail%" and 5:21pm - "63%..other guy at 30%"). If I knew the 5:30pm, 5:45pm, 5:50pm, etc. results I'd be more likely to declare shenanigans (I'd be curious to know if anyone saw the results at these times).
  2. While I think it's highly improbable that Gwen made a legitimate comeback given her performance during the first 80% of the contest, it is in theory possible.
  3. I think I'm too close to the situation and therefore any negativity would just come off as sour grapes.
That said, if you feel something untoward occurred and want to make your feelings known on Bloomingdale's Wall about it I'm all for it.
devil.gif

If there is enough ground swell perhaps we can spur a Congressional investigation into the systematic discrimination against SFers by traditional style institutions such as Esquire and Bloomingdales.
laugh.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chico2007
What a bunch of bullshit! Tom didn't win? The girl suddenly went from 4% to winning????

Originally Posted by officeboy
How the heck does that work?
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by PandArts
I think it's due to the fact the he isn't a she...like all the other winners!

no doubt it is better for them if women win, they have more female shoppers to keep happy. fuk them

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tjc4golf
That said, if you feel something untoward occurred and want to make your feelings known on Bloomingdale's Wall about it I'm all for it.
devil.gif

It's certainly possible that the outcome was rigged. On the other hand, though, isn't it just as likely that the young lady who won was able to rally a lot of last-minute support by going to one of her favorite fashion boards on the Web and posting something like... oh, I don't know ... like this?

Originally Posted by tjc4golf
Please vote for me. I'm Tom. Voting ends at 6pm today so please vote now. Here's the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/Bloomingdales

I'll post the full size original pic later tonight since it's hard to see.

Also feel free to bump this thread to comment on how **** my pink jacket is or whatever.

Thank you!
worship.gif

I would imagine that PurseForvm could make for a formidable voting bloc.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I would imagine that PurseForvm could make for a formidable voting bloc.

Did someone check there for a rig thread?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics