• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ill-designed things that are pissing you off

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I won't even mention the iPhone 4.

The things that piss me off are not ill-designed things but rather ill-designed processes. Especially relating to airplanes:

1) All electronic devices must be turned off during take-off and landing. Really, *****? I've left my phone on (airplane mode) and things haven't gone to hell. A battery operated device will not cause the pilot to not be able to communicate with the air traffic controller. WHY DO YOU TAKE AWAY OUR FREEDOMS? Besides, no one's computer is actually off. It's on standby mode. Now what? You gonna make us open our computers and click shut down in front of your eyes? Whoever made that rule is a HUGE asshole.
ffffuuuu.gif

2) Don't get me started on the liquids rule. I mean, let's put a few things together. 5 3oz. bottles of magical explosive liquid + one 15 oz empty mixing bottle in my backpack = You are fucked anyway you TSA dimwits. Die. DIE.
ffffuuuu.gif

3) Seats upright during take-off. Why? So no one hits their face in case there is a rapid break or jolt? How about everyone moves their seat down, and then no one will be at risk of hitting their face any more than before. Assholes.
ffffuuuu.gif

4) Hey asshole pilot. I don't need to hear about what kinds of nimbus clouds are now viewable on our right. Go ************* with a nimbus until it cumuluses into your stupid face. Especially do not do this while I'm watching a movie. A movie on your POS outdated system that starts movies every couple of hours, where I cannot pause, and of course through brilliant design, when you use the intercom it freezes the movie, and does not pause, so I miss three minutes of the best part because of your ******* clouds. Seriously. Go. ****. Yourself.
ffffuuuu.gif

5) Why can't you all be like JetBlue and give me uninterrupted satellite during takeoff and landing.
inlove.gif

There are probably hundreds more, but I don't have the time to post them now.
censored.gif
airlines!

lol let it all out man all out

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, you could just buy a couple of bottles of chartreuse at the duty free.
The duty frees do not have such wonderous elixirs; I keep the chartreuse bottles in my check-in luggage. One has to make do with Dewar's White Label or indifferent champagnes like Veuve Clicquot at the duty frees.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
lol let it all out man all out

I have to fly twice a week for work.
frown.gif

For the last 4 years.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
As a left handed person, every asymmetrical hand tool is the devil's work.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The electronic devices thing on planes is more about you not being distracted while they can babble at you about how the bag may not inflate, I think.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
As a left handed person, every asymmetrical hand tool is the devil's work.

the spherical notebook. i remember that 5 star supposedly made left handed notebooks, but i've never seen one.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Oh god. Don't remind me of notebooks. I used graph pads instead.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ******* LOATHE child safety proof bottle caps. And even worse than that are the foil packets that many cold pills come in. They are ******* IMPOSSIBLE to open properly. I have to peel back some ******* foil, and THEN push it through some more foil? **** YOU IN YOUR ******* FACE ASSHOLE. When I have a ******* cold or a ******* headache I don't want to have to deal with that ****, I just want to get the pill and pass out as quickly as possible. A few thousand dead children from overdosing on Nyquil caplets is a small price to pay for easy access to that sweet pain relief.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have to fly twice a week for work.
frown.gif
For the last 4 years.

i just flew in from Hamburg on thursday so i know what you speak of thats why i had a good laugh...oh and to top off i watched the entire first season of JUSTIFIED on my laptop during the flight only for the battery to die on me on the very last ep SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The things that piss me off are not ill-designed things but rather ill-designed processes. Especially relating to airplanes:

There are probably hundreds more, but I don't have the time to post them now.
censored.gif
airlines!

The majority of your gripes are with the federal government, not with the airline companies.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bathroom stalls that have giant gaps between the door and the wall so people can see you squatting even if they aren't particularly trying to. Also, floor gaps so that they can see your feet. I mean, WTF. WTF is your ******* problem, public bathroom designing assholes? Can't I have my privacy while I poop?

I think they're intentionally designed that way so that passersby will see that the stalls are occupado, and thus won't try to jiggle the handle open every 5 seconds or so.

That said, the system definitely sucks. We all know how I feel about my ****-taking privacy, as evidenced in today's poop/fart thread. I don't understand why the F***ers who design public restrooms can't implement floor-to-ceiling walls with little vacant/occupied indicators on the doors like on airplanes. Would that be so hard, world?

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
The reason restroom stalls don't go to the floor is so it can be seen if you're one person doing a #2 rather than two people doing each other.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I have to peel back some ******* foil, and THEN push it through some more foil? **** YOU IN YOUR ******* FACE ASSHOLE.

lol

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i've got a good one. the clear plastic packaging that small consumer electronic items come in - they need to make body armor out of these motherfuckers because they are tougher than any kevlar or depleted uranium armor plating that the military uses. nothing short of the sharpest knife opens this **** and even then you have to use so much force that there is an excellent chance that you either cut your entire arm off or damage the actual product inside irreparably. what's worse is that it has seams that make the package appear that it opens like a clamshell but the only thing that can get it open is a portable blowtorch i've actually made decisions to purchase one brand over the other because it wasn't in that infernal packaging
angry.gif

Brian1976

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
the spherical notebook. i remember that 5 star supposedly made left handed notebooks, but i've never seen one.
Topps makes a lefty notebook, Amazon has it here: http://www.amazon.com/Notebook-Colle.../dp/B000EFNJ1I To add to the list though, the 1999 VW Jetta was the most ill-designed item I've ever purchased. I was actually hit in the windshield once....by my own f'ing grill. That was just the start..the list is too long, just take my word for it if you are in the market for a used car, stay far the h311 away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads