Ill-designed things that are pissing you off

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by MetroStyles, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

You cant get much worse than printers. Printers are just awful. Even if everything should go well, I get a little afraid before I use them.

2. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

+1. Printing blows. I do quite a bit of hardcore presentation printing and plotting and it's a nightmare, even compared to shitty home computer printers. Color correction and lineweights are the worst because there is so much variation between different monitors, printers, paper sizes, and textures. I just assume things are going to take three runs to get it right. It's also expensive and a blown plotting job can set you back.

3. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

You cant get much worse than printers. Printers are just awful. Even if everything should go well, I get a little afraid before I use them.

+1

4. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

+2

Printers fucking blow. Also, the price of toner on laser printers is in-fucking-sane. Especially color laser printers. You could pretty much buy a brand-new inkjet printer for the price of one color toner cartridge on a laser printer. I'm not even exaggerating.

5. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

Another thing: beverage bottles with screw-off caps that are filled to the brim with liquid (Gatorade, Vitamin Water, and so forth). It's pretty much impossible not to spill some of that shit when opening and drinking it. Fucking infuriating.

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

As a left handed person, every asymmetrical hand tool is the devil's work.
    As a left handed person, the Latin alphabet is the devil's work (though at the time being left handed was the devil's work...)
    the spherical notebook. i remember that 5 star supposedly made left handed notebooks, but i've never seen one.
    You can find them at left handed specific stores, decent writing supply stores, or online (never found them particularly attractive, best to use a top-bound notebook, imo)
    Another thing: beverage bottles with screw-off caps that are filled to the brim with liquid (Gatorade, Kool-Aid, and so forth). It's pretty much impossible not to spill some of that shit when opening and drinking it. Fucking infuriating.
    ftfy

7. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

You can find them at left handed specific stores, decent writing supply stores, or online (never found them particularly attractive, best to use a top-bound notebook, imo)

Woah...I've never seen one of these. Sounds trippy.

8. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Fax machines. IMpossible to remove shrink wrapping on DVDs, videogames and CDs. Plastic wrapping covering many electronic products that require a really sharp scissors or knife to rip open.

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

printers are the fucking worst.

also, bathroom stall doors that open and close inwards towards the toilet. nothing pisses me off more than having to stand basically on a fucking toilet to open a stall door after i'm done.

10. Incman

Incman Senior member

printers are the fucking worst.

also, bathroom stall doors that open and close inwards towards the toilet. nothing pisses me off more than having to stand basically on a fucking toilet to open a stall door after i'm done.

This times fucking infinity. I don't enjoy rubbing up against/stepping over a nasty ass toilet just to escape from the stall.

11. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

Cell phones. Stop packing them with useless features and make something that's not hideous to carry in my pocket.

Running shoes. Why are they designed for 250 pound plodders with the aesthetic sense of 7 year olds?

Books. Why are 90% of book covers so ugly these days? Books used to be so handsome.

Cities. (Bigger scale on this one) Lots of major universities offer urban planning programs, right? Presumably, people are graduating from these programs, yes? So what the hell is going on? Why are we still building awful subdivisions and strip malls and traffic-snarled freeways?

12. dusty

dusty Senior member

My phone won't display the time until you unlock it.

LET THAT SINK IN

13. yerfdog

yerfdog Senior member

My phone won't display the time until you unlock it.

LET THAT SET IN

lmao, that's awful

14. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

Vagina's, tricky buggers to figure out in the beginning and from girl to girl it's like accustoming yourself to the external buttons on a brand new cell phone.