• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Ike" jacket

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this would make for casual bumming around jacket?

Check it out.

I am so tempted to make a bid for this.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Like he says, there are not many in that large a size, so if you want it, you'd better bid. I'm getting sort of tired of the military jacket thing in general, but this would be a pretty good choice, and it's in really great shape.

nastyandy

Reaction score
Maybe I'm confused with something else, or unaware of something special about that particular jacket, but sI believe I've seen these go on ebay for a ton less.

That aside, I've considered them before, but never pulled the trigger. They almost have a motorcycyle jacket cut with a more refined feel.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
I usually have a hard time finding ike jackets that look good and would consider wearing. That one you found in an exception. I think it looks great. The color and detailing is nice and the size is rare, so if its your size go for it!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I think that one is going for so much because it is a large size. Vintage 40s-50s gear in XL sizes always get top dollar since most of that stuff fits small/med.

I used to have one almost just like that one, if it's similar, the wool is REALLY scratchy....something to keep in mind. Mine was so scratchy I ended up selling it back out.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love it. I sort of agree with J about the military jacket look becoming overexposed, (even though I'll still love it and rock it) but I think this is a nice way to avoid that most prevalent of military jackets, the M65. The detailing is also pretty remarkable.

Of course, this is all a bit academic since the auction ended.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a jacket like this when i was in HS. It's a bit costumey IMO. Kinda hard to match it with anything else in your wardrobe.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments lads. At the end of the day I decided not to pull the trigger on it...the price was getting too high for something that I would only wear on a limited occasion. That said, I am kind of kicking myself for not giving it a go...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
That said, I am kind of kicking myself for not giving it a go...

you can post about that in the "regrettable non-purchase" thread.....

then in a few months post about it in the "regrettable Purchase" thread after you discover you've only worn it once.
marchal.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads