• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ike behar shoes

mhedge

Reaction score
Are Ike Behar shoes good quality?
Are they similar in quality to Allen Edmonds?
Are Allen Edmonds good quality shoes?

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Are Ike Behar shoes good quality?
Are they similar in quality to Allen Edmonds?
Are Allen Edmonds good quality shoes?

1. Maybe??? Some say they are welted. But they don't look good at all. You should spend your money elsewhere.
2. I don't know, but many AE designs are much more tasteful.
3. They are pretty good and widely available. They have some styles that aren't so good, but they also have some styles that are quite tasteful.

Panama

Reaction score
Why not buy shoes from a company that makes shoes? Odd idea I know..

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ike Bahar makes shoes through bespoke factory. Read my article entry about their scam charging 900$ for 150$ products. Search for Ike Bahar. Buy something else from a reputable company.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ike Bahar makes shoes through bespoke factory. Read my article entry about their scam charging 900$ for 150$ products. Search for Ike Bahar. Buy something else from a reputable company.

I think this is part of the problem with private label shoes and clothing. There is a level of opacity vis a vie the manufacturer. I typically avoid private label unless I’m confident in knowing what I’m getting (C&J for Paul Stuart, etc).

I think the example above is a prime example. Oh! They’re ugly ass shoes too.

1614940738235.jpeg

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is part of the problem with private label shoes and clothing. There is a level of opacity vis a vie the manufacturer. I typically avoid private label unless I’m confident in knowing what I’m getting (C&J for Paul Stuart, etc).

I think the example above is a prime example. Oh! They’re ugly ass shoes too.

View attachment 1567806
I agree with you very much. They actually have a nice 3d platform with enough customization, however everything is at the mercy of each "retailer". There are dozens and dozens of BF clones.

Ike Bahar's answer to "why are you charging $900 and $450 for the same product (there's no gold tier) was that they were just "testing things".

There are a lot of private labels out there made by reputable companies but often it's not known. In any case, my advice to the OP and any use would be to prefer reputable companies where you know what you are buying unless they are being very transparent about who makes their shoes. There are so many good options out there. And if you really want customization, you can always buy the shoes in crust or ask a great patina artist like Hancore to make it for you.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score

I don't think it's right to call something a scam unless someone deliberately lies about their product. That does not appear to be the case here.

As for their markups, they are positioning themselves as a fashion brand, not a CM brand, so their markups are in-line with what they are trying to do.

Of course, the shoes are still ugly and not worth it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads