• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ike Bahar mtm shirt program

JLA

Reaction score
I saw the display at Nordstrom's and wondered about the cost, quality etc.
Anybody have any experience with this program ?
Thanks...

aramg

Reaction score
Are you referring to the CEO Program (approx. $165 US), where just the fabric, neck size, sleeve length, cuff and collar styles are chosen, or what they call Bespoke (really MTM, starting at $165)?

Also, why is this post under social life, food and drink?

JLA

Reaction score
I screwed up the forum location.
I'm not sure which program I saw.
The display was a stack of boxes loaded
with just material. No signs, labels etc.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Moved to clothing.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Simply based on my RTW versions, I think at that price point Robert Talbott might be a better choice.

Reaction score
I've tried both Talbott and Behar MTM. Although Ike Behar is a little more expensive, I honestly though the fabric and finish was slightly better than Talbott. As I remember it, you had to order a minimum of two shirts with Behar and there was no minimum with Talbott. I also believe there were a few more collar choices with Behar.

JLA

Reaction score
If the price is around $160, I think I can get real mtm for the same or less. What is the benefit of ordering a shirt to a neck and sleeve size with a choice of collars? Aren't I just ordering a rtw shirt that is out of stock ?

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn't pay $160 for just neck and sleeve measurements. Try Individualized Shirts instead in this price range: http://www.individualizedshirts.com/ This shirtmaker been the subject of previous discussion on this forum- the search function should help here.

Pink22m

Reaction score
I've tried both Talbott and Behar MTM.  Although Ike Behar is a little more expensive, I honestly though the fabric and finish was slightly better than Talbott.  As I remember it, you had to order a minimum of two shirts with Behar and there was no minimum with Talbott.  I also believe there were a few more collar choices with Behar.

I have not tried Behar, but have tried Talbott mtm, and I can attest to their quality.  I am pretty sure that Talbott has alot more collar choices, since I doubt that Behar does anything beyond a medium spread collar.  In terms of cost, Talbott's are much more expensive though.  Talbott's best of class line of mtm shirts start around $125 and go up to $200, and their top of the line Estate shirts will set you back $300-$400. I also can't imagine that Behar has that many fabric choices compared to Talbott, which has a variety of patterns from subtle herringbone solids to wild candy stripes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads