1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

IIFYM - If It Fit Your Macros. Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Betelgeuse, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Hi all!

I've been reading a few articles about this type of "diet", IIFYM (If it fir your macros) and I would like to give it a try. I think I still don't understand it at a 100%, but maybe ready to go. I'm using some online calculators, but still not understand wich macros I should strive for. One says that according to my daily activities I need 1911 calories just to stay alive, plus the other calories for the rest of my activities, getting a total of 3,783 calories, minus 20% to cut fat it gives 3,025 calories.

The other calculator says that if I want to loose fat I need from the original 3,237 calories I should eat 2,590. That's my main doubt here.

I'm used to the term "eating clean" but sometimes I can't wait for the weekend to have a cheat meal, and this kinda opens a flexible way of eating. I've been following this guy, Kane Sumabat, on Instagram and it's crazy the results he have doing this.

So if you have any recommendation that is valuable, I'll appreaciate it. If you have any experience with this, please post it!

Thanks in advance!

2. gort

gort Senior member

Post this in random health and exercise thoughts for your answers.

3. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

I thought a thread could work. Thanks, I will post it the and the link.