• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you were to pick three dress shirt colours...

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a digital camera, but I'll take it home for Christmas and see if I can get some pics taken while I'm wearing it and post them.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
The oft-seen and oft-disgusted "GQ" look.
The colour, or the contrasting collar/cuff? The latter is pretty classic, as you should know of all people.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hopkins_student
Blue and pink. Actually, in my opinion, the only appropriate colors for solid shirts are white, blue, and pink. Patterned cloths can include any color in the rainbow if done correctly.
+1

I could see myself sacrificing the pink for a cream/ecru.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
The colour, or the contrasting collar/cuff? The latter is pretty classic, as you should know of all people.
That toned blue shirt color which as drizzt pointed out, is the emblem of "GQ'ing" Asians and their silver ties, poshing it up at second-rate clubs and leaving a trail of Honda tire tracks, hair products and Aqua di Gio.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Um... you seem to have had some rather bad run ins with these sort of people.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
light blue, light pink, and white. Cream would be my 4th choice.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That toned blue shirt color which as drizzt pointed out, is the emblem of "GQ'ing" Asians and their silver ties, poshing it up at second-rate clubs and leaving a trail of Honda tire tracks, hair products and Aqua di Gio.

Haha I was referring to them wearing them for interviews and office attire, but I suppose some do go to clubs after work
smile.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those shirts, along with Kenneth Cole type shoes, seem to be the mainstays for both interviews and club-attire; sort of the go to dress up wear.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those shirts, along with Kenneth Cole type shoes, seem to be the mainstays for both interviews and club-attire; sort of the go to dress up wear.

That's very true. I think some of them will reach for the striped shirt for the club, though
smile.gif
Good thing Asians aren't huge on velvet blazers, so far (although I saw an Asian guy rocking one at Santa Anita on Sunday)

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
blue and then perhaps a mauve. Cream is nice, pink is fine. Of course, there are so many good blues -- ice blue, sky blue, saxe blue...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
blue and then perhaps a mauve. Cream is nice, pink is fine. Of course, there are so many good blues -- ice blue, sky blue, saxe blue...

Thanks RJman

White is exceptional for funerals, at least in Europe.

Your choice is excellent.
bigstar[1].gif

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Don't forget yellow - looks sharp with a blue suit
smile.gif

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

riotshield

Reaction score
White, light blue, cream. I prefer cream at the moment since it's not as ubiquitous as the other two.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics