1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

If you were ordering a MTO EG tomorrow..

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by benecios, Jul 20, 2006.

1. A Y

A Y Distinguished Member

There are two big things you can use to tell the difference between regular EG and bespoke EG/G&G: the waist is more defined and fiddle-backed, and the heel is higher.

--Andre

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

After they produce your first last, how much is it for the following shoes?

the same.

3. kcc

kcc Senior Member

Anyone knows what RL is asking for their MTO EGs?

4. aportnoy

aportnoy Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Anyone knows what RL is asking for their MTO EGs?

$950 I believe, quite recently raised from $850. These do include shoe tree, though.

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

[​IMG]

i would ask him to make this one. i believe this is eg by Tony.

That's the one. The first time I saw an EG shoe that I wanted enough to swindle an old lady out of her savings for.

6. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

$950 I believe, quite recently raised from $850. These do include shoe tree, though.

$1100 is the RL price for MTO Greens. $950 is now the RTW price and there's a $150 upcharge for MTO.

7. aportnoy

aportnoy Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

$1100 is the RL price for MTO Greens. $950 is now the RTW price and there's a $150 upcharge for MTO.

Thinman...Don't they wave that fee during their trunk shows? I've ordered a few times from RL during their shows and never had to pay any upcharge.

8. redtree00

redtree00 Senior Member

RL waives the MTO fee during trunk shows.
    I just took delivery of a pair of MTO Dovers last week and did not pay a penny extra.

9. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

Thinman...Don't they wave that fee during their trunk shows? I've ordered a few times from RL during their shows and never had to pay any upcharge.

Yes, you're right.

10. benecios

benecios Distinguished Member

After reading your thoughts I am thinking about a suede/leather spectator possibly Inverness.Dark Oak and Mocha suede is a combination I like,as seen on TimelessRider's blog.However I love the burgundy leather,could anyone suggest a suede that might compliment that as I don't know what is available?

11. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

That's the one. The first time I saw an EG shoe that I wanted enough to swindle an old lady out of her savings for.
    Personally, I think it would be nicer if the broguing were carried around the top of the shoe.

12. luk-cha

luk-cha Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

After reading your thoughts I am thinking about a suede/leather spectator possibly Inverness.Dark Oak and Mocha suede is a combination I like,as seen on TimelessRider's blog.However I love the burgundy leather,could anyone suggest a suede that might compliment that as I don't know what is available?
    creamy beige color would go great with burgundy!

13. benecios

benecios Distinguished Member

creamy beige color would go great with burgundy!
    Yes thats sounds a good combination but I don't know if I am bold enough to wear such a shoe.Its probably looking like Dark Oak/Mocha Suede.

14. luk-cha

luk-cha Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Yes thats sounds a good combination but I don't know if I am bold enough to wear such a shoe.Its probably looking like Dark Oak/Mocha Suede.
    dude if you are gonna wear 2tone shoes then where something that makes a point and keep the chin up too they will look great with med grey or raf blue suit! "savvy!"

15. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Distinguished Member

I thought I'd read that you can make some changes to existing EG shoes without incurring the MTO upcharge. Is this correct? Also, what is the extent to which such changes can be made? For example the Westminster (I think that's the name), the double monk with a double sole and cap toe. Can you get that with a single sole and no toe cap without paying the MTO fee? What about waist bevelling? Also, this has nothing to do with MTO, but are the soles of EGs rounded at the edges at the instep?