1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

If you were allowed to shop at only one store...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Dec 3, 2004.

1. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

The consideration is who has the most gems, the best price and range of merchandise.

2. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

My first choice is Last Call. I would have chosen C21 if not for their weak shoe department.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I uh..wouldn't pick a clothing store as my first priority... Now that you can see that I'm a traitor, I fully expect to be hung by the ankles, and beaten severely with fresh switches. ...but TJ MAXX?[​IMG] Are you kidding me?

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I chose nordstrom rack because it's the best one we have exposure to, I would probably choose Filene's basement if I was still in MA.

5. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

Filene's for the range of merchandise and mix of brands.

6. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

Here it seems the Off 5th is better than the Nordstrom's Rack, also easier to get to, they stuck the Rack way the hell out from anything so it would not bother the regular stores.

7. Kaga

Kaga Senior member

Must say, the Barneys Outlets are generally horrible, at least for men's clothing. They sell mainly own-label clothes and some Boss, but not at particularly attractive discounts. The selection appears consistent from season to season with little in the way of gems. It appears the good stuff at Barneys, which has a gigantic eclectic range of men's clothing, goes out during the Warehouse Sales and then gets spun out to Filenes Basement and, to a much lesser degree, TJ Maxx/Marshalls.

8. mussel

mussel Senior member

I kid you not. Here're some of the stuffs I got from TJ Maxx: RLPL shirts $40 Pantherella over-the-calf socks $5 RLPL cashmere sweater $100 Fratelli Rossetti $90 RLPL Whittaker $150 no trees Frette queen bed set $180 (4 pillow cases, 1 flat & 1 fitted sheets, duvet cover in each set)

9. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

WHAT THE &*Y(%#*Y%(U%#*((%&#(*%&Q(%&#(*&Q(*%&(*Q#%&(*#Q%T&U (*&U% (*#TUY& (_{..........................................................................................................................

What TJ Maxx have you been shopping at? You must tell me..

The only reason I'd choose TJ Maxx -- I scored 12 Trafalgar alligator belts for $20 a piece. The profits from me selling said belts turned into the left quarter of my closet.

10. marc37

marc37 Senior member

You guys just make me mad. l have never heard of such good deals. How do you do it. Damn. [​IMG] Oh, if l were allowed to shop at only one store it would be Kiton because of the shoes. Surely Kiton RTW shoes must be better (more durable and better made) than factory made Edward Green RTW shoes.

11. mussel

mussel Senior member

The store is in

eOgNiMrBtPhDa

You have to unscrambled it.

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I have had similar deals from Marshall's, not too many from TJ Maxx though, although I bought a bunch of Talbott ties there for $10 and resold.