1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

If you wear TASSEL loafers, what is your age??

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bellison, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Booter

Booter Senior member

Can I wear teh shell tassels with pressed cotton chinos? What is teh protocol?

2. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

So as an Italian American I basically have to wear them?

In all sincerity it cracks me up that people are vehemently opposed to tassels. Especially in my more money-conscious days, it was great to have a pair of shoes that worked just as well with chinos, jeans and shorts as they did with an interview suit. However, even today, I still love them and own a pair in shell, suede and calf.

3. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Excellent suggestion, Alex has an impressive selection of socks, argyle and others. I especially like the photos. Looking forward to pairing them up with my tassel loafers.

4. Makoto Chan

Makoto Chan Senior member

Is this a serious question? Of course you can!

5. joe4u

joe4u Well-Known Member

I have a worn out dockers tassel - and I'm 50.

6. Booter

Booter Senior member

So according to this threak I can wear an Alden shell tassel with CBD, wool trousers, corduroy's, cotton chinos, jeans, and shorts.

.....yet many of you 'hate' the tassel?

7. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

...and kilts?... :confused:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  8. morrison13

morrison13 Well-Known Member

My florsheim tassel is worn out as I am.

9. Makoto Chan

Makoto Chan Senior member

"According to this threak," I don't speak for anyone else, but IMHO yes to all of the above! It's subjective, man. Your world, your style. I think it's a great shoe that is "nice, dressy but casual, comfortable, relaxed, American, great." I don't wear them to the beach or the boardroom, but also I never visit any boardroom.

10. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

E Grayson
    Marcoliani Argyle OTC
    Homage

[​IMG]

11. ShallRecoverAll

ShallRecoverAll New Member

I have a pair of brown Allen Edmonds Maxfield Tassel loafers. I'm 22 (will be 23 later this year) and dangit, I like my tassel loafers and will be wearing them proudly through the summer/fall!

[​IMG]

12. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

ShallRecoverAll, welcome to Styleforum and congratulations on being independant of what others may say.

I took some abuse when I was in my 20's for wearing tassles but wore and enjoyed mine just to spite them. I still wear them.
    Tassled loafers probably won't be the first pair of shoes most men will buy. One can be rest assured that a high majority of SF gents already own all the essential shoe stylings and enjoy their tassles for fun. Either that or he really likes tassles. I wore my AE Graysons today and still lovin' them.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  13. celery

celery Senior member

I dunno how I feel about them in a vacuum, but once something becomes a wardrobe staple for overweight middle managers who want to pretend they're playing CEO, I don't find any appeal.

Big blousy french blue shirt, red/yellow power tie, billowing khakis and tassel loafers - probably have their cell phone clipped to their belt too. You've all seen it, and it sucks every time.

14. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Look on the bright side, if they have their cell phones clipped to their belts, the microwave radiation will probably sterilize them within 5 years.
    On the other hand, if you are right about this then please be careful not to make fun of their shoes for these ones may well be Untersturmf├╝hrers bucking for promotion. They also like to watch The Apprentice and haul people into the boardroom because it is almost as much fun as wearing tassled loafers.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  15. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    +1 for tassels and argyles

16. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    ravello tassels
    argyles otc
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  17. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Thank you!

18. SMatthews

SMatthews Well-Known Member

I have just one pair, an Alden burgundy. But my dad probably had every pair from every brand back in the day.

19. oldog/oldtrix

oldog/oldtrix Senior member

Absolutely. Every single time:

[​IMG]

20. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

I am 23, and wear brown, suede tassel loafers. Those who can't stand them, have some deep, physiological issues, IMO.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012