If you want to be stylish LOSE WEIGHT

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by samurai, Jun 3, 2009.

1. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Body impacts clothing? No wai!

Clothes improve your appearance

Being fit/toned/tall/etc. improves your appearance

So naturally, having both is twice as good as having one. But I'm certain that as someone has said, there are slight variations in weight and muscle that can work for or against someone's proportions/sillouette, though I don't think its absolute and I think like an actor can gain or lose weight for a role, so too can someone interested in fashion gain or lose weight for the outfits they wear (based on what style they're going for, e.g: workwear can look silly on a rail thin guy).

2. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

^
    way to kill the thread.

3. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I think that i'd be more stylish if I gained weight. If I was like 2-3XL I could find all the cool shit on deep discount at Ross etc

I think I am going to start consuming 9000 calories a day, and walking as little as humanly possible.

4. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

So naturally, having both is twice as good as having one. But I'm certain that as someone has said, there are slight variations in weight and muscle that can work for or against someone's proportions/sillouette, though I don't think its absolute and I think like an actor can gain or lose weight for a role, so too can someone interested in fashion gain or lose weight for the outfits they wear (based on what style they're going for, e.g: workwear can look silly on a rail thin guy).

That is quite a fucked up idea.

5. BOF

BOF Senior member

People who are fit tend to look better. If someone is unhealthily thin, it looks just as bad as someone who's overweight. However, there is something impressive about a heavier, older gentleman in a well tailored three-piece suit which is just classic.

6. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

tall and slender tends to be the "ideal." if you are between 5'11-6'3 clothes tend to hang better and clothes being too long is hardly an issue. i'm 5'8 and it sucks.

7. samurai

samurai Senior member

People who are fit tend to look better. If someone is unhealthily thin, it looks just as bad as someone who's overweight. However, there is something impressive about a heavier, older gentleman in a well tailored three-piece suit which is just classic.

Now we're talking Sidney Greenstreet and Orson Wells. But were they stylish or just well dressed overweight men???

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I mean it.

Being thin is the single most important ingredient of style. If you are thin anything looks good on you. If you aren't, nothing you do can make you stylish. JMO.

also be asian or black

yes i totally agree.

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

also be asian or black

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Nananine

Nananine Senior member

Shit I just started the process to turn myself from asian to white WHAT DO I DO NOW

11. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

tall and slender tends to be the "ideal." if you are between 5'11-6'3 clothes tend to hang better and clothes being too long is hardly an issue. i'm 5'8 and it sucks.

welcome to the club, be glad you don't have a 33" waist at 5'8

12. funkygroove

funkygroove Well-Known Member

Eh...there are downsides on the other end of the spectrum. I'm 6'4 and 160 so nothing really fits me either.

13. duchessofmalfi

duchessofmalfi Well-Known Member

indeed. sucks for you that you're stuck at 4 feet for the rest of your life, George

14. cbw87

cbw87 New Member

Got to call bullshit on all of this. I'm skinny, 6"6 and gay (but white). I've got 3 out of 4.

Plenty of things don't look good on me because nobody makes clothes for tall skinny people.

Too tall, I think.

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

Im 6'2", 125 pounds and Asian. Am I automatically very stylish then?