• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you like this band, you might also like...

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel like this could be something useful apart from the "What are you listening to" thread. Post a band or two you like, and other posters can give you recs on other stuff you might like. It's like Pandora, but personalized!

I'll go first. Anything out there similar to any of the following?

-Electric Six
-The Sounds
-Beethoven's Piano Sonatas
-Dick Dale

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Excellent idea for a thread Metro! (Sorry I don't know any of those bands except the Sonatas, of which I have no suggestion for.)

Here's some of my bands:

Boards of Canada
Massive Attack
Grada

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Excellent idea for a thread Metro! (Sorry I don't know any of those bands except the Sonatas, of which I have no suggestion for.)

Here's some of my bands:

Boards of Canada
Massive Attack
Grada

See Autechre, early Aphex Twin.

oceans11

Reaction score
Offer Nissim feat. Maya or someone who sounds like Maya

Blaqk Audio

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent idea for a thread Metro! (Sorry I don't know any of those bands except the Sonatas, of which I have no suggestion for.) Here's some of my bands: Boards of Canada Massive Attack Grada
if you don't already listen to them you would love Portishead. I don't know about Aphex Twin but I think you would like Squarepusher.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I feel like this could be something useful apart from the "What are you listening to" thread. Post a band or two you like, and other posters can give you recs on other stuff you might like. It's like Pandora, but personalized!

I'll go first. Anything out there similar to any of the following?

-Electric Six
-The Sounds
-Beethoven's Piano Sonatas
-Dick Dale

Try Link Wray.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
nine inch nails, impossible?
Good bands that have toured with NIN: El-P and TV on the Radio. also Metro: It sounds like you would really like Ween. Get their magnum opus "The Mollusk."

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's some of my bands:

Boards of Canada
Massive Attack
Grada

Try GoldFrapps 'felt Mountain"

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
nine inch nails, impossible?
This Mortal Coil, KMFDM, that german band I can't spell, and to show your old school bonafides try Throbing Gristle. oh yeah and for a true classic Industrial band check out Skinny Puppy.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
El-P in no way meshes with NIN, my assumption is that you already listen to KMFDM and other industrial bands, so I don't have much to recommend.

That damn site tried to tell me to listen to My Chemical Romance
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads