1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

If you could live in another time, when would it be?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GQgeek, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I'd want to be 18 in 1955 so I could see Elvis, Johnny Burnette, Eddie C, Gene V, Collins Kids, Little Richard etc etc all in their heyday with the birth of rocknroll/rockabilly....

then I'd be about 21 in 1958 when the first Modernists came on the scene with their ivy league inspiration and listening to Jimmy Smith, Jimmy McGriff, Booker T, etc......

By 1963-4 I'd be 26/7 and rockin' out to the first wave of American garage bands like The Wailers and The Sonics and British Beat like The High Numbers (The Who), The Animals, The Kinks etc.....

By 1966 I'd be looking at all the current "mods' and thumbing my nose at them for being "poseurs" haha

By 1976 I'd be the oldest guy (39) seeing The Jam play live.

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Sometime when it was perfectly acceptable to walk around with a big ass sword and chop off people's heads for minor affronts... Feudal-Era Japan perhaps, or like viking raider times or whatever.

3. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

If it was before modern anti -biotics or dentistry, I'd make sure I was near the opium den.

4. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

I'd like to be starting now, instead of turning down the homestretch.

As for the past? I'm a fan of modern amenities, but foregoing those, I'd shoot for mid-19th century New England, something near a good tavern outside of Boston. I think there was something in the water there.

5. Jill

Jill Senior member

Sometime when it was perfectly acceptable to walk around with a big ass sword and chop off people's heads for minor affronts... Feudal-Era Japan perhaps, or like viking raider times or whatever.
    ...or sometime when it was perfectly acceptable to walk around with a big ass...

So what? 17th century?

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

...or sometime when it was perfectly acceptable to walk around with a big ass... So what? 17th century?
    Big breasts more likely. Big posterior was Victorian England a la the bustle.

7. Jill

Jill Senior member

Big breasts more likely.

Big posterior was Victorian England a la the bustle.

I was thinking of Ruben.

8. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I think this dude is way ahead of us.... [​IMG] (Note: he's only done "this" once before. [​IMG] )

9. Aristocrat

Aristocrat Senior member

Hahahaha, that sure was the most amusing this week!

10. Reflection

Reflection Active Member

I'm happy here and now... I'd love to go back to baroque for a few weeks (months, years) though. [​IMG]