• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could live during any era...

Logan

Reaction score
I'd go back 30 years and be the richest man ever by the time 2011 rolls around.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
1960s

Interesting choice.
The 60s were like March: they came in like a lamb and went out like a lion.

Started out with Ozzie Nelson and ended with Ozzy Osbourne.

Eponym

Reaction score
I have to say, I'm pretty happy right now. If not now, maybe 1950s Los Angeles or 1920s Shanghai?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd want to say being born in NYC in 1920 and late teens would be cool, like my grandparents. Too young to really hurt from the Great Depression. Children of immigrants who came from the backwoods (Naples and Basilicata) so they were taught to appreciate what they had. Livig in a time where everyone WANTED to serve and fight in WW2 (being in a country with that many proud Americans willing to do whatever it took for the greater good must've been awesome). Then, to come out of the war to the explosion of "stuff" in the 50's and 60's, they must have LOVED every second of that. Dead before 9/11. Thats it for me, I'd have been happy as a pig in ****.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Probably during the late 1800's. I would hang out with Evander Berry Wall. He seemed like a hoot.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Interesting choice.
Sexual revolution
Actual revolution
Pre oil crash
Economic growth

forStyle

Reaction score
1990's, when computers were just taking off. So many opportunities. More or less saturating now.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd have liked to have lived in the early to mid 20th century America. Predominately white with societal roles for everyone. Apparent chivalry and decency. Less invasive technology, e.g. surveillance cameras. Less absurd policing and enforcement of rules, etc.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
Predominately white with lowly societal roles for everyone else.

FTFY

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forStyle
1990's, when computers were just taking off. So many opportunities. More or less saturating now.
you could say that about just about any era in history with minimal substitution for the technology of today and the saturation of the technology of yesterday.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
you could say that about just about any era in history with minimal substitution for the technology of today and the saturation of the technology of yesterday.

1200s. gunpower was the best growth market

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
and those dudes making arrow feathers were damn pissed about the decline, saturation and commodotisation of their market...

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
It's funny because that's exactly what he meant also.

teacha.gif

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
It's funny because that's exactly what he meant also.

Well I certainly don't want to be the guy who dumbs down the punchline, I just thought the wording wasn't very clear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads