• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If You Could Live Anywhere?

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly happy in LA. I like how laid back it is.

I'd like to live in Europe though just to get around. Someplace that is a large city with culture, food beautiful women and nightlife/restaurants/shopping. So paris? I haven't been there long enough, but I liked the city vibe there.

itsaKarrahBoo

Reaction score
If ANYWHERE in the world..

I'd choose some beach in Europe. I love beaches and I have way too many things to say about why I love Europe.
wink.gif

Also, if I had to settle with something a little closer to home, I'd love to live in San Fransisco or NYC.

Elusive

Reaction score
Mustique if you dont where that is look it up

GANTeng

Reaction score
Santorini! but current greek crisis... no way!
I want a city that is sooooooo blended with nature. but it is also cultural, sophisticated, artistic, and fun.
where are they???

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Elusive
Mustique if you dont where that is look it up
Now who wouldn't know where Mustique is located. Lizzy's little sister loved the place.

Gatsbee

Reaction score
Taipei
NYC
Seoul
Paris
Amsterdam (for a few years)

Rangoon

Reaction score
I visited a friend in Brussels recently and was quite taken with the city. A main square which is as beautiful as any in Europe, great food and beer, plenty to do,decent nightlife and not as expensive as London. Some of the architecture is outstanding too. Definitely worth a second visit.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by billsayers
Paris - somewhere near Avenue Montaigne
Seoul - high rises in Apgu/CheongDam overlooking the Han river
Los Angeles - downtown near LA Live
Chicago - Wicker Park area

Originally Posted by Gatsbee
Taipei
NYC
Seoul
Paris
Amsterdam (for a few years)

Korea is nice if you're Korean or have enough interest in Korea to enjoy what's there, lots of debauchery, really good looking women, constant energy, generally friendly people - but you need enough money to be able to take regular trips to Tokyo, Hong Kong, and a western country of your choice, like at least quarterly. What exists as food/drink/entertainment in Seoul is expensive and insufficient, rent is insanely high for the good stuff.

IMO, one needs to pull down $500k/year or the equivalent in cash and allowances at the bare minimum if you have no existing equity in Korea and want to live a middle/upper middle class existence there, middle class by North American standards. That's a clean home in a reasonably good neighborhood with a room for each person who sleeps there, a quality car or two, meat and fresh produce for food at each meal, plus entertainment of your choice (going out for good food and drinks more than occasionally, events, concerts, art and plays, etc). That's not even really saving any money, that's spending it all on the above.

As for me, I choose (and always really have) Tokyo, and so I am finally moving there soon.

SD1

Reaction score

Ibiza. In the apartments on top of Cafe del Mar.

Visited there for first time in June. Hopefully won't be the last.

We live on the west coast of Florida, very near the beach, which has an equally spectacular sunset, but with a completely different vibe. More bad Jimmy Buffet than downtempo.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saint Raphael or Antibes..

Camillus

Reaction score
NYC in a pre-war co-op made by Rosario Candela or McKim, Mead & White with a fantastic view of Central Park.
Like 960 Fifth Ave.

Last edited:

Stedye

Reaction score
Florence or Venice Italy. I love the culture and refinement of both these cities. I have visited both and have an equal love for both.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

Quote:
If I were single, Costa Rica.
I think we've talked about this before but it's not all it's cracked up to be. Not saying I haven't enjoyed my time down here but wow is there a lot of bs bureaucracy. Beautiful country, great food, but an incredibly inept infrastructure trapped in a sweater made of red tape. Even if you lived in the middle of nowhere in your own shack by a river, you'd still feel it as a foreigner coming out of your paycheck or if you ever had to hit one of my hospitals.
Copenhagen
I'm looking forward to visiting it one day when my Danish improves but I've got quite a few friends who moved to LA from Denmark and flat out refuse to return home to live there again. That has me worried.
I am very happy where I am. if I were going to chose a place, anyplace in the world, to live for the rest of my life, it is right where I am. I am planning on retiring in Cartegena, in Colombia.
Had no idea. My father wants to retire down there or Cali, which seem like welcomed alternatives to his idea of living in Mexico DF...
Los Angeles - downtown near LA Live
WHY? Americans tend to romanticize Europe but I really enjoyed the times I've been in Paris. If I had to be stateside, I think I'd pick Santa Barbara. As much as I love the South, I think I've become far too used to moderate climates to deal with the humidity or frigidness that plagues most states.

Vidal_Balloon

Reaction score
London, Manhatten, Nice, Monaco (although there isn't a great lot to do here in the long term, it's well situated), Madrid (possibility this may happen soon), Sydney, Edinburgh...
.....and probably many more that I haven't visited yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads