1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

If We Could Have The Perfect Online Menstore - What Would It Be?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kcgreg, Apr 24, 2006.

1. kcgreg

kcgreg Senior Member

[​IMG] Can you guys & gals give some input as to what is considered a must and what a customer like yourselves and myself would like to see in an online store? Imagine a perfect store - what would you want it to have??? Thanks guys.[​IMG]

2. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Discounted Sacque Suit, Thom Browne, Kiton, and Zegna suits. Preferably as low as $200.[​IMG] Okay, I'll be serious. Easy navigation and finding of sizes is a must. Good variety of brands, however, NOT Dolce & Gabbana or Gucci crap. Stuff that's well made.

3. kcgreg

kcgreg Senior Member

4. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

Blast it, I was going to mention the same thing! Well, other than ridiculous diascounts, a concise return policy, good photographs of the material from close up and knowledgeable staff. Actually, something like that service Land's End and other retailers provide with the Virtual Model could be nice!

5. alflauren

alflauren Senior Member

Accurate measurements of the clothing for sale, and high-res images too. I'm sick of the "zoom" crap. Just show me the full image.

6. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Zegna-er-Coppley suits- great values, starting at $795!!!![​IMG]

7. skalogre

The perfect marque to fuse quality and cost [​IMG] (thx Vintage Gent!)

8. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Distinguished Member

for me, a place to get

+ good quality flat front wool trousers, in good serge wool (zanella benny, for example-- or higher quality than that would be even better)

+ pre-folded hand-rolled edges pocketsquares, linen/ cotton/ otherwise

+ great quality ties from brands i know, like Borrelli, Charvet, Kiton, Robert Talbott Best of Class, etc.

+ info on high-end suits i'd like to order (i.e. Oxxford Clothes Radcliff in my specific size, how much it will cost me to order, etc.)

+ john lobb shoe cream/ shoe care supplies

+ good quality cotton sportcoats

+ edward green shoes for a decent price, or at least with free shipping!!

I can find all these things individually on different sites, but would be nice to find it all in the same place/ order!!

9. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior Member

I would love to see some hard-to-find bargains online. Shirts and ties from smaller local Italian makers, that otherwise require a holiday to get a hold of.

Descriptions of styling and fit that actually are meaningful to intelligent menswear shoppers - how heavily are the shoulders padded, does the lapel roll to the top or middle button, etc. How true to size is the fit?

10. skalogre

I would love to see some hard-to-find bargains online. Shirts and ties from smaller local Italian makers, that otherwise require a holiday to get a hold of.

Descriptions of styling and fit that actually are meaningful to intelligent menswear shoppers - how heavily are the shoulders padded, does the lapel roll to the top or middle button, etc. How true to size is the fit?

Excellent points!

11. kcgreg

kcgreg Senior Member

don't you start!!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

A store that is the retail version of this forum....with one section devoted to good quality and harder to get denim/tshirts/trainers and another section dedicated to tailored clothing and nice shoes, with a balance of "fashion forward" and "classical" to cover all occasions.

13. kcgreg

kcgreg Senior Member

A store that is the retail version of this forum....with one section devoted to good quality and harder to get denim/tshirts/trainers and another section dedicated to tailored clothing and nice shoes, with a balance of "fashion forward" and "classical" to cover all occasions.

Good answer - I like that!!! I would tend to agree.[​IMG] Good tailored clothing and good shoes.[​IMG]

14. kcgreg

kcgreg Senior Member

What would be good price ranges for tailored clothing and nice shoes - c'mon dream away!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"