• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If the shoe fits . . .

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a pair of Domenico Vacca sale shoes from NYC. I live in LA and am told they only have one size, 10.5, which is a full size bigger than my usual 9.5. Does anyone know whether their shoes run "true to size," or a bit on the big or small size? Also, has anyone so loved a shoe that they were willing to go a full size too large? (If so, how did it work out?)

ACDoyle

Reaction score
There is a vacca store in Beverly Hills (Rodeo Drive), could try on the shoes there

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True enough but, unfortunately, they don't carry the shoe.

(I'm told by the NY store that they make only one pair in each size; but they readily offered to do a special order for full retail, plus 20%. Being that the shoes are currently on sale for 30% off, I'm not interested in going in the opposite direction, to full retail plus 20%.)

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Vacca is Italian for crook...

StefanoBi shoes run true to size.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Vacca is Italian for crook...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why are their crooks?

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I meant "they" not "their"

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon
I meant "they" not "their"
They just have the reputation that the products that they sell might not be the products that they say they sell.

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
They just have the reputation that the products that they sell might not be the products that they say they sell.

smile.gif
Fun alliteration, but what?

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's the return policy?

i think you should really go to their LA store to try them on for size. it'll give you a pretty good idea of whether they're going to fit, particularly if you can find a shoe in a similar or same last.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon
I'm interested in buying a pair of Domenico Vacca sale shoes from NYC. I live in LA and am told they only have one size, 10.5, which is a full size bigger than my usual 9.5. Does anyone know whether their shoes run "true to size," or a bit on the big or small size? Also, has anyone so loved a shoe that they were willing to go a full size too large? (If so, how did it work out?)

I once bought a pair of RL Alligators shoes at 70% off! Truly a fantastic deal, literally a steal. They were beautiful. Unfortunately, they were a size 12 and I'm a size 11. I tried shoe tongues, two pair of socks, etc. Nothing worked. They were just too loose and hence uncomfortable and ultimately unwearable.

I had bought the "Bargain" and in this case a beautiful shoe too. But I regretted it and gave them away. This was pre-Ebay days.

I strongly recommend that you not buy any shoes that are a full size off!

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not buy them.

There are many other shoe makers that are the same level as Stefano BI or better. I would keep looking for another deal in the perfect size.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys; I really appreciate your experiences and input.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads