• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

If the shoe fits . . .

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a pair of Domenico Vacca sale shoes from NYC. I live in LA and am told they only have one size, 10.5, which is a full size bigger than my usual 9.5. Does anyone know whether their shoes run "true to size," or a bit on the big or small size? Also, has anyone so loved a shoe that they were willing to go a full size too large? (If so, how did it work out?)

ACDoyle

Reaction score
There is a vacca store in Beverly Hills (Rodeo Drive), could try on the shoes there

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True enough but, unfortunately, they don't carry the shoe.

(I'm told by the NY store that they make only one pair in each size; but they readily offered to do a special order for full retail, plus 20%. Being that the shoes are currently on sale for 30% off, I'm not interested in going in the opposite direction, to full retail plus 20%.)

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Vacca is Italian for crook...

StefanoBi shoes run true to size.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why are their crooks?

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I meant "they" not "their"

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon
I meant "they" not "their"
They just have the reputation that the products that they sell might not be the products that they say they sell.

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
They just have the reputation that the products that they sell might not be the products that they say they sell.

Fun alliteration, but what?

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's the return policy?

i think you should really go to their LA store to try them on for size. it'll give you a pretty good idea of whether they're going to fit, particularly if you can find a shoe in a similar or same last.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon
I'm interested in buying a pair of Domenico Vacca sale shoes from NYC. I live in LA and am told they only have one size, 10.5, which is a full size bigger than my usual 9.5. Does anyone know whether their shoes run "true to size," or a bit on the big or small size? Also, has anyone so loved a shoe that they were willing to go a full size too large? (If so, how did it work out?)

I once bought a pair of RL Alligators shoes at 70% off! Truly a fantastic deal, literally a steal. They were beautiful. Unfortunately, they were a size 12 and I'm a size 11. I tried shoe tongues, two pair of socks, etc. Nothing worked. They were just too loose and hence uncomfortable and ultimately unwearable.

I had bought the "Bargain" and in this case a beautiful shoe too. But I regretted it and gave them away. This was pre-Ebay days.

I strongly recommend that you not buy any shoes that are a full size off!

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not buy them.

There are many other shoe makers that are the same level as Stefano BI or better. I would keep looking for another deal in the perfect size.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys; I really appreciate your experiences and input.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.