• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I'm buying one pair of swim shorts, which color should I get?

sbergl

Reaction score
I'd say navy. I've got a pair of navy swim trunks and I love 'em. Extremely versatile, and looks good on a lot of different skin tones.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grey

03orlebarbrownsetter.jpg

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What ever colour suits you best, I suppose. Blues suit me, so navy!

Merlino

Reaction score
I've never heard of this brand but they look nice. The sidetabs are a very nice touch. Why do they cost so much though, is the brand so famous they can charge that much? They cost even more than Villebrequin.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think part of it is the details, like the tabs you mentioned, pockets, and hardware
like the zipper. And they're made in Europe (Portugal). Packaging is nice as well...

01orlebarbrownsetter.jpg

02orlebarbrownsetter.jpg

04orlebarbrownsetter.jpg

05orlebarbrownsetter.jpg

06orlebarbrownsetter.jpg

07orlebarbrownsetter.jpg

08orlebarbrownsetter.jpg

09orlebarbrownsetter.jpg

Merlino

Reaction score
Thanks NOBD. If you went through the trouble of taking all those pictures yourself, double thanks! They do look very nice..

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Merlino
Thanks NOBD. If you went through the trouble of taking all those pictures yourself, double thanks! They do look very nice..

Thanks. I took them last year.

Merlino

Reaction score
So you've had them for a year now? How are they holding up in terms of discolouration etc.?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Merlino
So you've had them for a year now? How are they holding up in terms of discolouration etc.?
Yes, but unfortunately I've only worn them a few times on vacation last year, and only in sea water. So I'm afraid I don't know yet.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red. I'm brown skinned also and I got red.

Dressed2the9s

Reaction score
Thanks, I actually bought the Cuban color. When I asked the Orlebar Brown rep (through e-mail), they suggested the Mezanine color was the hottest seller and the "safest" choice but Amazon would be great if I wanted to go crazy on colors. He said Cuban was a good comprimise.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Thanks. I took them last year.

I know it's been talked about before, but I love the fact that you meticulously photograph, document, and digitally archive all of your purchases. Well done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads