• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I see one more...

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who gives a **** if the kids poor? I dont think that makes it worse...
Plenty of people use fake **** all the time wether they are rich or have the money

I agree with you though that many poeple buy brands with monograms or the novacheck in order to display some sort of status. I dont really care if they do though..theyre people and thats what some people like to do. I do think that the novacheck looks really damn ugly though. It doesnt look all to great.

You can wear really nice clothing and go out and youll look "rich" to everyone but youll look good. You can do that with the novacheck but I think it looks terrible. I ont really care that people use it to show off though. People do the samething with other things uch as cars

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's a much better avatar than Pete Doherty

calvin1663

Reaction score
@ghulkan- yeah, I guess you're right, but at least something nice like a BMW or mercedes is something nice to look at, the novacheck is just boring @chobochobo oh, shutup
biggrin.gif

cmrocks

Reaction score
I'm embarassed to say but when I was 18, I bought a pair of sunglasses that have the check pattern on the armbands. It's not the classic colors though; it's the same pattern but in greens and blues. At the time, I thought they were so cool. Now, they just sit in my car for driving sunglasses since they are perscription.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by calvin1663
Worst of all, he happens to come from an extremely poor family, so it's obvious it's fake, which makes it all the more aggregious.

calvin

Not nearly as "aggregious" as that sentence. Why give a **** what this kid wears?

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burberry nova check print, I think I'm gonna go nuts. There's a kid in my trig class who never ceases to wear a burberry polo with the nova check where the buttons are, it drives me insane. Worst of all, he happens to come from an extremely poor family, so it's obvious it's fake, which makes it all the more aggregious.

Hey! Here's a thought. Maybe this kid from the "extremely poor family" wears this shirt because he doesn't have all the options that you have apparently come to expect in life. Could be he just sees it as a shirt, or at the worst as a way to look a little less "poor".

By the way, your spelling is egregious.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ass

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worst of all, he happens to come from an extremely poor family, so it's obvious it's fake, which makes it all the more aggregious.

Oh my **** this is horrible.

calvin1663

Reaction score
I was simply pointing out that I think it's sort of pathetic that he feels the need to validate himself through wearing clothing that is obviously fake, but whatever, I'm taking down the post, it's not going anywhere.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was simply pointing out that I think it's sort of pathetic that he feels the need to validate himself through wearing clothing that is obviously fake, but whatever, I'm taking down the post, it's not going anywhere.

Your post had nothing to do with whether this kid was validating himself by wearing the shirt. It had everything to do with your being driven "insane" by having to look at it.

The shirt, real or fake, may not have been an option for the kid...it may simply have been what he had and what his family could afford.

calvin1663

Reaction score
I'm sorry for my posts if they offended anyone, they didn't express the feeling I was trying to convey, hopefully my poor judgment in posting those comments will be overlooked.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for my posts if they offended anyone, they didn't express the feeling I was trying to convey, hopefully my poor judgment in posting those comments will be overlooked.

Well said. You may have more maturity to you than I initially thought.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse, but I'd like to add that the people I really feel sorry for are the ones who have more money than brains and pay full price for that putrid pattern. Not only is it unattractive, I don't think the real Burberry stuff is that much higher quality than the fake. Nice save, Calvin. I'll infer from the fact that you are in trig class that you are still young enough to deserve a few second chances as you learn how easy it is to improperly express yourself and inadvertently insult or alienate people. I'm 31 and I'm still learning. But in the meantime, if you are going to say something controversial....use spellcheck
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads