1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

IF GQ and ESQUIRE were your only source for sartorial advice, how would you dress?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Soph, Oct 12, 2006.

1. lakewolf

lakewolf Well-Known Member

I read GQ as I have a cheap subscription, I have to say that the Italian, German and UK editions are better than the US...

As I have an slim physique the outfits there would fit me right, but I don't follow their trends... Simply read it as a passe-temps...

Anyway, seen the status of the men's style in the US, GQ or Esquire would do a great benefit to the overall style on the male american's if it was read by the majority... Even if we could consider its advice is not the best... it is largely better than how the masses use to dress in the US

2. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

I read GQ as I have a cheap subscription, I have to say that the Italian, German and UK editions are better than the US...

Agreed on the British GQ being superior to the US version. Bought an Italian version while in Rome to help pick up the language - no luck there, but at least it looks nice.

3. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Well-Known Member

GQ really has nothing to offer a >40 male. If I followed its rules I'd look like I was trying to recapture my college years.

Esquire is okay. If I followed its "rules," I would have to throw out all my pleated pants, DB suits, and god knows what else. Esquire does like it, the brown shoes, however.

4. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

well, a recent gq issue had an article on axl rose.... [​IMG]

5. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

If everybody wore Gucci, we would all be the better for it.
    No.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

If everybody wore Gucci, we would all be the better for it.

Or we would all look like sausages in shiny suits.