• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If, and How, You Wear Corduroy Pants

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is the long-awaited (or dreaded) poll, spiced up with extra questions.

The poll portion is simple. If you answer Yes to it, then please describe how you wear corduroy pants. For example, do you wear a pair with an odd jacket? With a tie? With a dress shirt or another type of shirt? If you answer No, it would be nice if you'd explain why, assuming you don't spend all your time in the tropics.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear thin wale slim-fit cords for casual wear, only.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Slim 5 pocket thin wale cors could stand in for jeans easily. I have 2 pair from jcrew in the narrowest fit, and like them very much. Could work casual with a tee, or dressed up with a shirt and tie (pref something less formal, like an Oxford shirt and wool tie) with a nice odd sportcoat.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I wear thin wale slim-fit cords for casual wear, only.

+1. I'm a big fan of these.

Also a pair or two of brushed cotton ones that'll be paired with a casual blazer ain't bad.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
photo272il1.jpg

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like cords for cool-weather wear. I pair 'em with a tweed jacket and tie (preferably a wool tie) and also with a sports shirt, depending on the situation. I am happy that I was more or less oblivious to the Grunge movement, so its votaries didn't spoil cords for me.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I must have at least 12 pair of cords - all flat front in various conservative colors. I wear them most commonly with sweaters of all styles, and also with shirts with more heft than the average dress shirt. I prefer wide wale cords, but enjoy wearing thin wale as well.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear cords year round but for casual occasions. So with a polo, t-shirt or untucked button up shirt

andyw

Reaction score
Thin wale or really wide wale in black, winter white, and shades of dark brown........all hemmed with no break and a 1 - 3/4" cuff.........andP paired with suede or cordovan boots.

Tops vary from tweed sports jackets , sweaters yo suede coats.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've worn wide wale cords in the cooler months for years -- with an odd jacket or without for business casual at the office or nights out. This season I got some pin wale cords for more casual occasions. They remind me of high school, but unlike a lot of the stuff I wore in high school (25 years ago), I feel I can still get away with wearing them. I haven't worn them with a jacket yet; but I think I would wear them as I would wear jeans.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
slim fit cords, with some nice boots and a sweater, maybe a leather jackets if its cold.

cords are (IMHO) classic casual wear, obviously don't try to make it more than that?

Anthony Jordan

Reaction score
I wear them casually around the house in the autumn and winter with a flannel open neck shirt, and with a tweed jacket, poplin or flannel shirt and tie when out and about. I prefer wide-wale cords with pleats and turn-ups.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads