• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

If an American Apparel thermal-lined hoodie fits me perfectly, what size W+H hoodie?

buyer's remorse

Reaction score
A thermal-lined hoodie:

Should I get a small in the Wings & Horns classic fit hoodie? Or a medium or small in the slim fit?

I keep reading about how the classic fit hoodie is baggy, and that is one of my main gripes about most hoodies. But looking at these pics I found of the slim fit, it looks like it might be too slim in the torso (and I'm worried that sizing up will make the shoulder areas too baggy...I also always wear my hoodies zipped up):

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are the measurements I took for my selling thread. These are from when W+H was Spruce, so they may've updated their cut, but I'd be surprised if anything changed significantly, if at all. Spruce small slim fit Chest (beneath gussets): 36" Sleeves: 24.5" Length: 23.5" Shoulders: 16" Spruce medium slim fit Chest (beneath gussets): 39" Sleeves: 25" Length: 25" Shoulders: 18" You probably want to get the same size as your AA hoodies unless you're sizing those down now.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen people selling classic fits in B&S and I distinctly remember seeing a classic fit with a chest 2" larger than a slim fit in the same size. I may be misremembering, but I was fairly sure. The small slim fit measures 10" at the armhole including the gusset. The 100% cotton hoodies, when you can find them, retail for 145-150, and the tiger fleeces go for 155-160, I believe.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird. Maybe the fleece lining has something to do with it or maybe it's from the sample sale. That or I'm just wrong. I have, admittedly, never looked at a classic fit in person. That is surprising, though.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I think american apparel california hoodies are closer to w+h classic fit than slim fit. They're not "baggy" compared to other hoodies, just the slim fit. The slim fit hoodies are truly slim fitting everywhere. Hard to find a comparison at american apparel. Maybe the slim fit w+h is closer to the slimness of the american apparel flex fleece hoodies, but with significantly better and heavier materials as the flex fleece is thinner, but a bit slimmer than the california.

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • cr2596

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 3 9.4%