Idiot shoppers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GiltEdge, Dec 8, 2009.

1. GiltEdge

GiltEdge Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Is he that stupid. What the hell happened that made American men forget how to dress and how clothing is made. Does he think a machine just spits things out. Well for Jos A Bank that is how they do it.

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

ok cool now

. well, the guy seems sincere enough. i dont think he is an idiot, but just perhaps one that is not attuned to fine tailoring as much as exposed as we are. so we all have a starting point to learn . his is just exposed publicly on youtube.

3. rioni

rioni Senior member

me either..

4. sm332

sm332 Senior member

wow just wow .... the level of stupidity truly does know no bounds.

5. bcpool

bcpool Active Member

I was told that a booth at the latest New York Market had center pieces made from defoliated cotton. The girl (and oh man! I MEAN! Woman!) said that many people visiting the booth had no idea what the plant was. Being from Texas she explained that it was cotton in the raw.

Many people have no idea exactly where their clothing or food comes from. As a professional in agriculture it pains me to think that many people think their food just comes from the store.

I get the pleasure to work outside all day and get dirty, then dress in custom boots and custom shirts/suits and take the same said girl to the symphony. Welcome to Texas my friends.

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

7. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

This guys has some other interesting videos. I chose four more so that you can sample them in time for the holidays:

More clothing issues:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

The next two are a good combo:

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Dude loves his fun:

Shall I show more?

- B

8. bcpool

bcpool Active Member

I didn't mean to say that I think you, or anyone else who may read this is an idiot. I am sorry if I offended you with my post.

9. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Senior member

Interesting to see what Manton looks like.

10. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. "so...the last suit--that was a... the last one was a 42... that was a little big. this one is a .... 49? 48? it's a little tight" [​IMG]

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I didn't mean to say that I think you, or anyone else who may read this is an idiot. I am sorry if I offended you with my post.

ok no problem . thanks. maybe i read too much into your post.

12. sfnapolifan

sfnapolifan Well-Known Member

"i'm wondering if i have to remove it... kinda like i did down here." = comedy gold.

i wonder what he'd do with a one-button jacket.

13. bcpool

bcpool Active Member

sho'nuff -

It's all good. Even in the predominant agriculture environments one CAN find people who think their food comes from the store and do not care where their clothing materials come from. I guess that really has nothing to do with understanding how and what makes personal style.
    It's all good.

14. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

no worries, gentlemen: "I've bought suits from many different stores and I've even had multiple custom suits made for me. I've never seen such f_cked up uneven and cheap looking stitching on a suit-- at any price. I returned all three of the Jos A Banks suits I ordered."

15. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG] [​IMG]