• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Identify this Corneliani sport coat please

mdisbell

Reaction score
Okay SF friends, time for you to show off your knowledge. I have a Corneliani sport coat but I need to see if you can give me more information about it. It has some of the nicest buttons I have ever seen, so hopefully these will help identify it.

Inside tag reads "Corneliani Made in Italy" It is 100% wool. No other identifying information except all the codes on the inside pocket label. If someone else likes this more than I do, I would probably sell it.

Here are some pics:

S7300335.jpg

S7300340.jpg

S7300341.jpg

mdisbell

Reaction score
I know that, but it is in absolute perfect condition.

Because of its age, I am seeking help identifying it.

These are really some of the greatest buttons I have seen on a Corneliani.

mdisbell

Reaction score
Estimate of age and possible worth. I might sell it.

mdisbell

Reaction score
Okay. Thanks for the help. Great shape for 15+ years old.

mdisbell

Reaction score
Have a guess at what it sold for retail back then?

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This should give you an idea of the resale value!

It's a link to all Ebay sales of Corneliani men's coats in the last 2 weeks.

Note that the majority of the coats went unsold. And those that did sell for the highest prices ( about $99 ), were from sellers with established presences, excellent photography, and in some cases, a lot of hype.

Also, I think I have seen those buttons before and they are nice. Aren't they a sort of covered enamel look? They do date the coat a bit though. If you like the coat and it fits well, you might definitely consider it as a keeper versus a sale item. Navy blazers are a real wardrobe staple.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads