• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Identify a bag at Aloha Rag in NY

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
I walked by today and saw a bag in the window, but didn't go in the store. I'm wondering if anyone can help ID it.

It was a tote bag, more vertical than horizontal, made of textured, shiny, blue leather. The handle were, I believe black, with yellow stripes and maybe made of nylon. I walked by pretty quickly and am perhaps misremembering. The bag is not on their website. And it's also quite possible that it's a woman's bag.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Bonus points if you can link to it somewhere online.

Thanks for the help.
Dan

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Go To The Freaking Store!!

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
most ridiculous thread ever. you were 3 feet from the thing.

crap, i type too slow

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
44789thisthreadcomplete.jpg

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Wow. Who knew this could foster such animosity?

I didn't go in because I was in a hurry and I'm very seldom in the neighborhood, so I'm most likely not going to go in in the near future. I thought this was a pretty straightforward question and figured if no one knew, then the thread could die a slow, painful death.

I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused you. I will leave the thread up so that we can all look back and reflect on what is apparently an awful styleforum faux pas and so those that are more fortunate than I can learn from my mistake.

And while I still don't know who makes the bag, at least I can take solace in having learned one thing from posting this thread. That I am an idiot.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Dan

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
There's this thing it's called a telephone, if you punch the right combination of numbers the person at the other end of it at the store will hear a few rings. When they say hello their voice will be transmittd to your end and you can ask them tomorrow what precious bag was lying beautifully in the display case.

mikejones

Reaction score
Not to hit a fellow NYer, but it took me all of about 8 seconds to find this: http://www.aloharag.com/highseas/dep...T.svl=deptnav2 All of their bags... To be honest, I just bought a custom bag from here, and feel its a better option, at a far better value: www.villagetannery.com (look under "briefcases" or "backpacks") ---------- EDIT: I didn't find EXACTLY the bag you described, but I guess you could call them... That store is IMHO, ridiculously overpriced.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads