• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ideas for utilizing brown/tan/beige ties

acadiaspring

Reaction score
These were given to me. Thus far, I've been wearing them exclusively with a solid white oxford and khakis. Any other suggestions so I can get more use out of them? Thanks!!

DSC00955.jpg

JakeLA

Reaction score
I'd keep ties one and three and wear with a blue or gray suit and throw the other ties away.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JakeLA
I'd keep ties one and three and wear with a blue or gray suit and throw the other ties away.

+1. Keep 1 and 3.

Requiem

Reaction score
Ties 2 and 6 could probalby be used casually with the right linen suit or jacket.
Ties 4 and 5 look from the 70's (in a bad way) and are really hard to pair... store them away and maybe in 10 or 20 years they can be used again.

Reaction score
blue shirt/ grey suit.

pink shirt/ navy blazer.

Egert

Reaction score
Always a chance for some serious utilization at retro theme party. Otherwise, I'd ditch everyone except #3 as well

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ grey flannel suit, blue shirt, dark brown shoes ?
confused.gif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Anyone have any ideas on how the hell I can wear this (cashmere, so matte finish) tie???

howthehell.jpg

blue shirt/ brown tweed jacket.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Anyone have any ideas on how the hell I can wear this (cashmere, so matte finish) tie???

light blue shirt, brown corduroy jacket, brown suede shoes?

or

light blue shirt, navy patch jacket, tobacco suede shoes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads